Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Credit hours
 Login/Join

posted
I want to submit a G2G packet but currently do not have the credits required to transfer as an academic junior. Will I currently be denied and should I wait till the following year, or should I submit anyway?

Posts: 2 | Registered: 29 November 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
The verbiage used for the process states that you must complete the program in two academic years. So you do not need to be an academic junior per se, but if you are not then it may be impossible to complete the degree in the time allowed.

Now if you wanted to do the 3-year scholar ship route on the other hand, you have more leeway.

Posts: 532 | Registered: 10 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
If you don't meet the minimum requirements, applying to get denied is pointless.

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I was looking at the academic plan worksheet and I think I will wait till next year. I still have 26 months at this duty station and am in great standings with my command. By next year I should be a shoe-in and the academic load will not be so bad. Thank you for the insight IntheArmyAG and AutobahnSHO

Next Question: What is the class load for the ROTC requirements? Would I be required to take classes for it, or is it a weekend thing like reserves?

Posts: 2 | Registered: 29 November 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SFC RossiJ
posted Hide Post
Part of the G2G application process is to have your degree map completed and signed by the ROTC Commandant (an LTC or COL). Your degree map is only broken down into 6 semesters, 2 spring, 2 fall, and 2 summer. 1 of your summer sessions you cannot take classes because that is when you will go to "summer camp". the other summer you will only be able to take classes that are offered during the summer (depending on the school this is limited). The other 4 semesters you CANNOT exceed 18 credit hours per semester. That's a total of 72 hours, plus maybe another 6-8 hours of summer classes. So, with a full workload you would still only have 78-80 hours, well short of the 120 needed to graduate. That's why they say you should be "an academic junior".

Yes, you have to take classes for it but it can be worked into your degree plan.

Posts: 275 | Location: Djibouti | Registered: 17 May 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Part of the G2G application process is to have your degree map completed and signed by the ROTC Commandant (an LTC or COL). Your degree map is only broken down into 6 semesters, 2 spring, 2 fall, and 2 summer. 1 of your summer sessions you cannot take classes because that is when you will go to "summer camp". the other summer you will only be able to take classes that are offered during the summer (depending on the school this is limited). The other 4 semesters you CANNOT exceed 18 credit hours per semester. That's a total of 72 hours, plus maybe another 6-8 hours of summer classes. So, with a full workload you would still only have 78-80 hours, well short of the 120 needed to graduate. That's why they say you should be "an academic junior".

LDAC is less than 30 days so depending on when a cadet plans on attending LDAC he/she can take summer courses their Junior year as long as it does not interfere with camp.

The G2G ADO option you must graduate in the specified time frame so that means no Summer classes following your Sr year because you will commission in the spring.

You CAN take over 18 hrs, it's as simple as getting approval from your academic advisor. There are plenty of opportunties for 8 week classes, online and evening/ night classes so if you are a ADO Cadet and school is your life and money is not the issue, go for it if you can handle the load.

As for ROTC Course load, my school does 1 lecture and 1 lab a semester which is 2 classes a total of 4 credits.

My advice would be grind it out and submit a packet when you are solid. The lighter the course load the better. I held out a year and I have so much free time at 12 hrs a semester

Posts: 468 | Registered: 08 November 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheBarbarian1532:
quote:

LDAC is less than 30 days so depending on when a cadet plans on attending LDAC he/she can take summer courses their Junior year as long as it does not interfere with camp.

The G2G ADO option you must graduate in the specified time frame so that means no Summer classes following your Sr year because you will commission in the spring.

You CAN take over 18 hrs, it's as simple as getting approval from your academic advisor. There are plenty of opportunties for 8 week classes, online and evening/ night classes so if you are a ADO Cadet and school is your life and money is not the issue, go for it if you can handle the load.

As for ROTC Course load, my school does 1 lecture and 1 lab a semester which is 2 classes a total of 4 credits.

My advice would be grind it out and submit a packet when you are solid. The lighter the course load the better. I held out a year and I have so much free time at 12 hrs a semester

TheBarbarian has accurate information. I want to add that some colleges also have Winter semesters. which might speed up the process for you.

I'm not sure about other colleges but, I have Monday, Wednesday, And Friday ROTC Lectures and Thursday we have Labs (hands on, tactics, ranges). We do have one weekend FTX a semester.

Posts: 150 | Registered: 21 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post