ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Officer Business  Hop To Forums  Commissioned Officer Discussion    Is LRP/SLRP/CLRP Late Entry Possibile?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is LRP/SLRP/CLRP Late Entry Possibile?
 Login/Join

posted
The main question in this discussion is whether or not after entering into active duty it is possible to apply and obtain the Loan Repayment Program.

After graduating and Commissioning, I went to LDAC as a 2LT and a few of my peers started talking about this program that allowed them to ADSO a year up to three to payback all of their student loans. I was completely shocked that this program was never brought up to me after I was given an active duty slot, especially since my PMS knew I was in a lot of debt due to entering ROTC during my senior year of college.

After doing a ton of research for the past month and a half, I still haven't been able to get a strait answer: If you can get into the program after getting into active duty, before BOLC.

I have looked all over the HRC website related to this topic and have found no paper work related to a "late entry" into the program. I called HRC and got a rude associate on the phone that directed me back to my schools HR, who really got me into this predicament in the first place not even discussing this with me. I know that the paperwork on this is topic states that you need it in your enlistment contract, but I wasn't sure if I could possibly debate this fact due to the negligence of my CoC. I did get in contact with someone at Cadet Command, and they said that their might be a possibility for an ARBA; but that process is still lost on me.

My emphasis of this post is to reach out and see if anyone has any personal hands on business with either helping or applying for this program after commissioning from their source. Also, If anyone knows someone at HRC who can give me some actual help and no attitude would be as valuable as the information. Also any information on if an ARBA process can help me out or if I'm barking up an impossible tree, and I just need to take this BOHICA with a smile.

A Concerned 2LT

Posts: 1 | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of MatthewAngel
posted Hide Post
Cyphus, I am not in the military but I went to look up something that may help you and found these links:
http://ermc.amedd.army.mil/lan...AMEDDFY11GuideV1.pdf
And something from www.purdue.edu with something in regards to "accessions briefing" (Accessions process)

I hope this was helpful and if not I hope someone more qualified can answer you.

"Optimates Omnipotens ac Schola"

Posts: 25 | Location: Canada | Registered: 12 July 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of GoSignal
posted Hide Post
Are you sure these individuals weren't in the simultaneous membership program (SMP) ? As a recruiter, we got dozens of individuals the reserve benefits and college loan repayment options while they went through ROTC.

Looks unlikely at this stage of the game after accession, ask for a tax free deployment in your first year, you'll get those loans paid in no time.

"It is not titles that honor men, but men that honor titles." -Niccolo Machiavelli, 1515

Posts: 125 | Registered: 25 February 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post