ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Officer Business  Hop To Forums  Commissioned Officer Discussion    Green to Gold Active Duty Option
Page 1 ... 420 421 422 423 424 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Green to Gold Active Duty Option
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Finally got one last LOR from my old Division Commander who is now the CENTCOM chief of staff.... hopefully this helps!

G2GMEDIC, can you explain your pcs process, how you were notified, and if you were able to take regular pcs leave and what not? I am getting very anxious!!! Thankfully I am only going about 50 miles north of my current duty station, shouldn't be too hard to handle.

Has anyone heard about number of slots this year?

Posts: 5 | Registered: 07 June 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
aQ, I don't see why you would. The DA330 wasn't on the checklist and I didn't upload mine.

quote:
Originally posted by aQ:
Hi everyone
i hope G2G ADO numbers are up this year.
Question, do you think I will need to upload my DA330 to my packet?
Thanks in advance.
Good luck everyone.

Posts: 11 | Registered: 05 January 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
11bis4me,

The pcs process is normal, just expedited. You can take leave if you get selected, all waivers approved, and orders cut with enough time. I received notification of my selection and waiver approval all at once. What happened was they selected me, held on to the announcement until all of my waivers were approved (my TIS took the longest), and then sent me my official notice of selectionnvia email on 11 June in the afternoon, which was a Friday. Nothing could really happen until Monday. Of course, HRC has to put you on assignment, it cycles every week on Tuesday, so I wasn't officially on assignment until 30 June. From there, I had to start harassing my unit for my orders. My school started first week of August and report date on your orders is the day before your semester starts. So in 30 days, I had to get my orders cut, do transportation, clear CIF, set up my travel (since I was overseas), rush to get final signatures on my ncoer, etc. It was a nightmare. BUT I was able to take 5 days of leave to find somewhere to live at least before school started.

Posts: 72 | Location: Honolulu, HI | Registered: 04 March 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thanks NapTime.
Another question, so if I dont get selected for ADO, do I have any other options? Like non-scholarship or I would have to wait till next year?
Thank you again

Posts: 9 | Registered: 10 August 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
@ aQ
You have a lot of options, and yes non-scholarship inclusive.

Goodluck

Posts: 33 | Registered: 01 April 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Good luck to ya all! Smiler

Posts: 4 | Registered: 03 June 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Well, I believe that the board has recessed. When do you guys think the results will be out? Good luck to everyone!

posted Hide Post
@ Naptime, i believe that you are right and good luck.

Did you check your online status today?

posted Hide Post
Yea, my status is now saying "boarded." I really hope the results are released quickly. I have heard speculation that the results will be out earlier than past years.

quote:
Originally posted by Green2goldnewbie:
@ Naptime, i believe that you are right and good luck.

Did you check your online status today?

posted Hide Post
I wanted to say good luck to everyone who applied this year for G2G. I was accepted last year for G2G ADO and I'm about to finish up my first year of grad school. Hopefully they accept more than 75 ado applicants this year. I have actually been living the life, even though ROTC can be really stupid at times. Good Luck everyone

Posts: 125 | Registered: 09 July 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
@ KB2588

Thank you, how is the program going for you?

Any Pros and Cons with the program?

what is your major in school and where are you?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Green2goldnewbie

I am in Statesboro, Ga attending Georgia Southern University. I am getting a graduate degree in Criminology. The program is okay, it's frustrating because these cadets think they know what the real Army is like just because they been to CLC. Many of the cadets here that are commissioning with me are lazy. I am so ready to graduate and get back to the real Army.

posted Hide Post
I agree with KB2588. ROTC is one of the more frustrating things I've ever done. It's like dealing with entitled privates who you have zero authority over. A lot of the cadets just see it as a way to pay for college without having to play "real army". They show up to pt when they want, if they want. They show up late to class, or on time, if they want. Then, like KB2588 said, they go to camp and think they know what the real army is like. Very frustrating. I'm ready to graduate and just get back to work. Don't get me wrong, the hours are nice, but the frustrations are a little too much for me. I'd rather work my crazy hours again lol

Posts: 72 | Location: Honolulu, HI | Registered: 04 March 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I just received a "Accepted conditionally: Medical". After dealing with DODMERB, they will not give me a waiver so j must get one from the Army. It is for astigmatism and hearing. Has anyone gone through this process and maybe she'd some light on what I should expect?

Posts: 6 | Registered: 22 August 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Mmast013, are you saying that dodmerb disapproved your medical waiver? If they did then I don't think there is anything you can do. Dodmerb has to approve your waiver for rotc. I had a waiver approved for a benign thyroid nodule