ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Officer Business  Hop To Forums  Commissioned Officer Discussion    Green to Gold 4 Yr Scholarship
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Green to Gold 4 Yr Scholarship
 Login/Join

posted
I see all the posts on here all tracking those who are ADO. I was wondering is it as competitive for those who are going for the discharged route?

My stats:
4 year E-4, 2 Deployments, Purple Heart, 290PT, 114 GT, 2.7 HS GPA, Hockey Captain, and I extremely personal recommendations from my CO and BC.

I applied to Colorado State. I'm guessing the 12th-15th is when we will find out as well? Anyways just looking for the inside scoop on Scholarship option G2G.

All comments much appreciated I'm having an ulcer here!!!

Posts: 29 | Registered: 01 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I would say that it is pretty competitive, at least from what I heard from cadet command while doing my research. However, sounds like you should be golden.

Posts: 416 | Location: FT Monroe, VA | Registered: 17 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Well I hope we can get some of the traffic from the ADO post for those who are going for scholarships into this thread. I was really expecting to find out today. Now who knows when...

posted Hide Post
Any Scholarship Options been notified?

Picture of SGTCEE
posted Hide Post
Nope still waiting....and i know 2 other peeps that are still waiting to...

Posts: 60 | Location: Wiesbaden, Germany | Registered: 31 May 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
You know anything about when our results come out? God I really hope it's this Friday (or this week). I want to start clearing already...

posted Hide Post
Yeah getting nerve wracking...

GPA: 3.7, ACT 28, PT 286, GT 121, Arcom V, arcom, CIB. Glowing reviews from CO, decent from Batt. commander. E4 with only 3 years in though....and one dependency waiver.

Really wanna know already!

(stationed at carson, cheap?)

Posts: 14 | Registered: 16 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SGTCEE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheaptrick234:
You know anything about when our results come out? God I really hope it's this Friday (or this week). I want to start clearing already...

Naa i just heard that we should know unofficially by the 16th-ish...

Posts: 60 | Location: Wiesbaden, Germany | Registered: 31 May 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SGTCEE:
Naa i just heard that we should know unofficially by the 16th-ish...

*Twiddles thumbs*

posted Hide Post
Ms. Bryant says next week.

posted Hide Post
Any idea on how many people are competing for how many slots, or how competitive it is?

Picture of Jonny3000
posted Hide Post
As I read in most of the literature on this program that its not as competitive. From what I've been told there were 400 ish packets this year for ADO and the Scholarship Option. I would think that everyone applying should be good for acceptance unless you have something that stands in your way. ie.. waivers

Posts: 80 | Location: Fort Polk, LA | Registered: 11 May 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Why would an approved waiver stand in your way? Obviously if you had a waiver get unapproved that makes sense but if it's approved I was told it dosn't even go with the rest of your packet.

posted Hide Post
Cheap,
we had folks on our thread that had waivers approved that still didn't get accpeted. What Johnny was saying is as long as you didn't have any waivers then you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Posts: 416 | Location: FT Monroe, VA | Registered: 17 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
DUI Waiver.......

I hope that the purple heart boosts me on the OML otherwise I am going to be crushed if I don't get selected.