ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Officer Business  Hop To Forums  Commissioned Officer Discussion    Green to Gold 4 Yr Scholarship
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Green to Gold 4 Yr Scholarship
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Anybody hear anything on their scholarship packets?

Posts: 17 | Registered: 24 April 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
No, nothing on this end yet. Still waititng

Smile cuz it may warm somebody's day without you even knowing it

Posts: 3 | Registered: 19 June 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I know you posted over a week ago but you should know if you received the Hip Pocket Scholarship or not by now. The Hip Pocket is selected before the board starts.

I know this because I called my division G1 and asked April 30th if my packet was endorsed and sent up to CC. The only Hip Pocket packets that get sent to CC are the selected packets. But you packet still gets boarded to insure you are qualified to receive the scholarship.

quote:
Originally posted by Nperez1986:
I'm tracking as well, I applied for the 3 yr Post Commanding General Scholarship, and I yet have heard or received any emails, it's killing me as well. Apparently your commander will receive the acceptance letter from what my ROTC told me.

Posts: 150 | Registered: 21 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frost_65:
I know you posted over a week ago but you should know if you received the Hip Pocket Scholarship or not by now. The Hip Pocket is selected before the board starts.

I know this because I called my division G1 and asked April 30th if my packet was endorsed and sent up to CC. The only Hip Pocket packets that get sent to CC are the selected packets. But you packet still gets boarded to insure you are qualified to receive the scholarship.

quote:
Originally posted by Nperez1986:
I'm tracking as well, I applied for the 3 yr Post Commanding General Scholarship, and I yet have heard or received any emails, it's killing me as well. Apparently your commander will receive the acceptance letter from what my ROTC told me.

Yea, my hip pocket got screwed up and my BDE didnt send it to my division G1. So it pasted the deadline and then i got told to try again next year. Kinda of F***ed up. But its the army. Im used to it.

posted Hide Post
My BDE had no clue what they were doing I was walking them thru the process and had to find the OPORD myself because they didn't know what I was talking about.

I believe this is why only three people applied for the HP. This is messed up in my opinion. It takes away from Soldiers who don't know about the opportunity to get a free scholarship.

I tell every Soldier about HP scholarship now because it's not like ADO where you need 2 years of school anyone can apply and get free money and a commission.

Posts: 150 | Registered: 21 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Anybody hear anything about scholarship results?

posted Hide Post
any word yet????? I hope you guys will find out soon.

When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries of life disappear and life stands explained.
- Mark Twain, Notebook 1898

Posts: 143 | Location: Fort Benning, GA | Registered: 27 May 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Hi,
Thanks for sharing this unique information... Really very much informative..

Posts: 1 | Registered: 29 August 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
If you turned in everything before the due date, you can ask your ROTC BN in June if you've been accepted. I found out through my ROTC BN that I've been accepted before it even showed up on that site to check your status, and don't call Ms.Pringle too much!! Make sure you take care of your waivers and all the other medical stuff WAY before! Good luck Smiler

*Life is tough. Wear a helmet and drive on.*

Posts: 12 | Registered: 20 November 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post