Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Green to Gold Questions
 Login/Join

posted
Once I get back from deployment I will have about 60 college credits from American Military University, which is 100% online.
Just wondering if I got accepted for the green to gold program would I be able to finish this degree with AMU, or would I have to go to a regular college that has ROTC?

Posts: 16 | Registered: 23 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of V3-03
posted Hide Post
Before you can even apply for the green-to-gold program, you must first apply and be accepted at a university that has a ROTC program. So yes, you must attend a "regular" university. Also, keep in mind that if you are applying for the active option, you must have 60 credit hours, and all 60 credit hours from AMU may not transfer, depending on the university.

Posts: 53 | Location: FTCKY | Registered: 19 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
You must be accepted as an academic junior for the active duty option, which generally means 60 credit hours that apply towards your major. So even if they accept all 60 credit hours, they may not apply appropriately, or you may be lacking a gen ed class or two.

There is also a 4 yr and 3 yr scholarship option as well though.

Note however some universities with ROTC programs have deals with only local colleges and universities where you can attend the other college and do ROTC through them.

Posts: 26 | Location: Iraq | Registered: 18 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 3-2CavTrooper:
You must be accepted as an academic junior for the active duty option, which generally means 60 credit hours that apply towards your major. So even if they accept all 60 credit hours, they may not apply appropriately, or you may be lacking a gen ed class or two.

There is also a 4 yr and 3 yr scholarship option as well though.

Note however some universities with ROTC programs have deals with only local colleges and universities where you can attend the other college and do ROTC through them.

Thanks, theres a college in my home town that allows students to take ROTC there while attending college somewhere else. So it would be possible to stay with AMU and take ROTC there?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ts177:
Thanks, theres a college in my home town that allows students to take ROTC there while attending college somewhere else. So it would be possible to stay with AMU and take ROTC there?

It all depends on the college that offers the ROTC courses. The goarmy webpage, I think if you look for becoming an officer, lists the colleges that offer ROTC. There is a brief description of the school's program and what other colleges they are partnered with.

I am guessing AMU isn't on your college's list, but who knows.

Posts: 26 | Location: Iraq | Registered: 18 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Alright I'm kind of confused now. So in order to complete my degree with AMU during the green to gold program, the University with ROTC has to be partners with AMU?

posted Hide Post
http://www.goarmy.com/rotc/find_schools.jsp

so lets say I want to go to green to gold in Washington. If I was enrolled to St. Martin's University (happpens to be an EArmyU school as well). This is fine for Green to Gold because I can apply for the ROTC program at Pacific Lutheran University.

However, I am enrolled to Thomas Edison for EArmyU, it has no such partnership with any ROTC schools. I would have to transfer my credits over to a program at a different school before applying for Green to Gold.

posted Hide Post
Roger, I'm getting my credits evaluated right now by the University with the ROTC program, so I'm hoping they accept them. I'm probably going to change my major because I know they dont offer a homeland security degree.

Picture of 2LT_Ingersoll
posted Hide Post
So, this might be a stupid question but.....

On the Scholar, Athlete, Leader form it says "Score 270 on APFT with a minimum score of 90". Does this mean on your current APFT or on any APFT?

Posts: 18 | Location: Manhattan, KS | Registered: 04 January 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SSG_Ingersoll:
So, this might be a stupid question but.....

On the Scholar, Athlete, Leader form it says "Score 270 on APFT with a minimum score of 90". Does this mean on your current APFT or on any APFT?

You're going to have to submit an APFT scorecard that was taken within 6 months of the board date.

*Life is tough. Wear a helmet and drive on.*

Posts: 12 | Registered: 20 November 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post