ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Community Discussion  Hop To Forums  Military Parents and Family Members    New to military life & have tons of questions!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New to military life & have tons of questions!
 Login/Join

posted
My husband is an e2 in the army and is currently in bct until july since he went in april 30th. when should pay begin? will i receive bah for my location? also when he graduates from bct and goes to ait school which is at fort gordon, ga for 18 weeks will i still receive bah even though i cannot live there and the government pay for living expenses? could i move out there but no on base and still receive bah? has anyone on this website ever attended fort gordon, ga ait? do they allow visitation with family, passes, staying the night anywhere? etc. Any answers would be great!! Thanks sooo much.

Posts: 2 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 07 May 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
when should pay begin? will i receive bah for my location?

His pay should begin up to 30 days after he got to training. It depends on when he started. You said he LEFT for training on the 30th? Well then think about it this way...in the Army, you work a month, and THEN they pay you. So assuming his paperwork is completed in time (maybe the 7th-ish) he would get his payment for the month of May on 1 JUN. make sense?
Also, when he gets to reception he will fill out the paperwork needed to start your BAH, at the location you live at now. It should start around the same time his pay does.
Keep in mind though, that even if his pay does not start "on time" for some reason. He will recieve "back pay" for what the Army owes him.

quote:
when he graduates from bct and goes to ait school which is at fort gordon, ga for 18 weeks will i still receive bah even though i cannot live there and the government pay for living expenses? could i move out there but no on base and still receive bah?

You could move wherever you want to, but it takes paperwork to switch your bah to a new area. And like I said before paperwork regarding money issues tends to take time in the Army. What Im saying is that with the training being 18 weeks long, it may not be worth it for you to move out there. I suggest you just prepare for your move to your husbands first duty station, once he finds out where that will be. I understand that it is a long time away. But you will be able to visit.

Hope this helps.

Posts: 21 | Location: Africa | Registered: 13 November 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of mulkeyowns
posted Hide Post
I'm assuming he's going to be a 25U, in which case, when I went through we got off every weekend. It goes by phases. 4, 5, and 5+. When he gets there he'll be 4, which means no off post, no pass privileges. If he completes a few things he'll be phase 5, which will allow him to go off post on the weekends and a later curfew, but still has to come back at night. Phase 5+ allows weekend passes.

Posts: 54 | Location: Fort Drum | Registered: 28 April 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Hi, i am newbie and i am 20 years old. I have failed to enter into university and i have decided to join army. I do know about army's life and hope to discuss about it here. Thanks

Posts: 1 | Location: Vietnam | Registered: 27 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thuat,

long stressful days, and little pay. Up in the morning before the day, and on stand by after you go home. Short hair, slim appearence, and physical fitness is a given but you get a check on the 1st and 15th and 30 days of leave a year. What else you need to know?

Most complex problems have very simple solutions.

Posts: 56 | Location: Katterbach Kaserne, GM | Registered: 20 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post