Community's Community is an Army Forum
BAH and barracks

Need a little help I am active duty Navy my wife is active duty Army. We are getting divorced I am a e5 and she is a e3. We have on child before she joined so our child is on my deers and tricare. Once we are divorced since she isnt going to be paying child support and will only have weekend visitations will she be forced to move into the barracks ? She has got in trouble with her command in the past and is on their crap list. Will she get married bah or single? I have tried to look for the Armys instruction but have not really found the excate answer for dual married getting divorced.
Posts: 1 | Registered: 19 March 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
If you have sole custody of the child she will only get BAH-Diff which is 171.30 for E3 and 209.40 for E4, and she will live in the barracks. If you share custody she will get BAH with dependents and will be authorized to live off post.
Posts: 22 | Registered: 23 March 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
If he is the physical custodial parent but they share custody, he will get with dependents and she will receive without dependents. Only one Service Member can receive the with dependent rate regardless of branch of service.
Posts: 168 | Location: Wherever The Army Sends Me | Registered: 01 August 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata  

Google Site maps Generator Tool