Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
family care plan
 Login/Join

posted
is a soldier entitled for money after processing out of the army under the family care plan. Soldier has five years in service.What can be some good advice to give this soldier

Posts: 22 | Location: Ft. Hood, TX/ baghdad, iraq | Registered: 19 February 2007Report This Post

Picture of TransAm95NCO
posted Hide Post
Let me know if you can get money for getting chaptered out, I never heard or seen this and I have processed chapters before.

Lead by Example!!!

Posts: 3914 | Location: Somewhere in the US | Registered: 13 September 2007Report This Post

posted Hide Post
its something called severance pay. we might both need to look it up

Posts: 22 | Location: Ft. Hood, TX/ baghdad, iraq | Registered: 19 February 2007Report This Post

posted Hide Post
Since it is a family care plan that will be a honorable discharge. Now the thing is if this soldier waits a year then she will get a separation payment. You have to complete 6 years.
So It would benefit her more to stick it out for a year. Also Trans only certain chapters can get this. My source on all this is (DoD Financial Management Regulation Volume 7A, Chapter 35).

Picture of TransAm95NCO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mannyfresh/ sgt:
its something called severance pay. we might both need to look it up

Since you are the one asking, go ahead and research it and let us know, I dont need to look it up, thanks.

Lead by Example!!!

Posts: 3914 | Location: Somewhere in the US | Registered: 13 September 2007Report This Post

posted Hide Post
I AM GETTING CHAPTERED OUT UNDER THE FAMILY CARE PLAN... I DID 8 YEARS WITH THE MARINE CORPS AND NOW 3 YEARS WITH THE ARMY.. AM I STILL ENTITLED TO THE SEPERATION MONEY AFTER 6 YEARS?

HELLO

posted Hide Post
Neon Ranger-
Was there a break in service? I have a solider in the same process. He was in the marines and then joined the army. Now he's being chartered for family care plan. It has to be 6 consecutive years....