Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Denial of Chapter 5-8?
 Login/Join

posted
I have almost 11 years in and have submitted a Chapter 5-8. I am due to ETS this coming November. My husband is dual and is on orders to PCS next month. I was told my packet is in legal for review. Is their a chance it will get denied? My command hasn't required me to come back to work after maternity leave which ended over a month ago. It's rather strange but it gives me hope that they are trying to usher me out the door. If it is denied, I will be separated from my husband until I ETS and he the two children.

Posts: 3 | Registered: 10 April 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of JOSHFREE
posted Hide Post
So your AWOL? Or your just getting paid to do nothing?

I got nothing.

Posts: 308 | Location: WA | Registered: 15 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SFC RossiJ
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JOSHFREE:
So your AWOL? Or your just getting paid to do nothing?

I was thinking the same thing.

Posts: 275 | Location: Djibouti | Registered: 17 May 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Good lord, no! I submitted for leave while the chapter was being done which was immediately after maternity leave.

Picture of Public_Health_Huh?
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IntelChief:
...My command hasn't required me to come back to work after maternity leave which ended over a month ago. It's rather strange but it gives me hope that they are trying to usher me out the door...

So...if your leave was approved, why put that quote? Nothing strange about taking leave...

Is it possible to apply a Chapter 8 in this instance? I thought it was for those who ARE pregnant, NOT after you've given birth...

Posts: 200 | Location: Presidio of Monterey, California | Registered: 23 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
It was strange because it was an additional 30 on top of the 42 maternity days. And a chapter 8 is for pregnancy, the chapter 5-8 is a lack of a family care plan. I'm not going to get an answer, am I?

Picture of SFC RossiJ
posted Hide Post
You're getting a bunch of questions and no answers because your post is filled with question marks.
1. You say things like "my command hasn't required me to come to work"...which was over a month ago, implies that you're AWOL or skipping out while collecting a paycheck.
2. "It gives me hope that they are trying to usher me out the door." Sounds like you don't want to be in (which is fine) but your statement sounds more like "I'm of no use to my unit so they want to hurry up and put me out."
3. You state that you have submitted for Chapter 5-8, lack of family care plan. Again, IMO this sounds like a cop out to fulfilling your service obligation which ends in 8 months. If you wanted to you could develop a family care plan and complete your obligation.
4. If you're dual military and had planned a little better, you could have both PCS'd to the same location. I see it ALL the time.
5. If your intention was to get yourself chaptered out, (assumption based on YOU submitting for chapter 5-8) why didn't you just take the chapter 8?
So, to answer your question, yes. It can get denied. Nothing is 100%, and your unit or legal may just tell you to develop an FCP and ETS in Nov.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SFC RossiJ,

Posts: 275 | Location: Djibouti | Registered: 17 May 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post