Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sponser Changes
 Login/Join

posted
I am a dependent and my sponsor is my retired father. I plan on marrying an army service member. I am already enrolled in Tri Care and DEERS. Do I have to switch sponsors? If I do will my father be notified that I am no longer his dependent?

Posts: 1 | Registered: 14 May 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
CONGRATULATIONS!!

Yes and probably yes. You will need a wedding certificate for your spouse to process the paperwork- so don't stress about it until After the big day.

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
1. I think no. There is a provision in the reg for "Dual Entitlement for Children".

2. I don't see why anyone would go out of their way to send notice, but it is likely he would find out. If you are nubile he is probably expecting your eligibility to terminate shortly anyway.

I know not every family is the same, but fathers are normally present at their children's weddings. Do you think he will react inappropriately to the news, or are you just trying to be vindictive?

This is a ten level task

Posts: 2870 | Registered: 15 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
Interesting, hadn't thought of that whole angle..

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post