ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Community Discussion  Hop To Forums  Military Parents and Family Members    LES, W-2's and reenlistment bonuses/bonuses
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LES, W-2's and reenlistment bonuses/bonuses
 Login/Join

posted
I am looking at a printout of a December Jumps LES Online Inquiry System, does all bonuses show up on the LES for every month, like if I were to get the bonus in July would it show up on the December LES?
Would I need to request a different type of printout to find out what bonuses I have received? Taxable or non-taxable??
Where would the reenlistment bonuses show up on the LES since it is a new contract?

Posts: 1 | Registered: 11 April 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SFC RossiJ
posted Hide Post
Your bonus should show up on your LES the month, or next month that you received it. It will show up as an entitlement and then as a deduction. It's not part of your monthly pay and was deposited separately. So, they show it as an entitlement, tax it (if applicable), and then show it as a deduction paid to you separate from your monthly pay. When you get your W2 that year, if it was taxed, you will get a pretty decent portion of it back at taxes but keep in mind that you may jump tax brackets because of the increase in income. So, you may not qualify for some of the credits/deductions that you did in the lower bracket. If it wasn't taxed then it will be annotated on the W2 as non-taxable income.

Posts: 275 | Location: Djibouti | Registered: 17 May 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post