ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  NCO Business  Hop To Forums  Warrior Leaders Course    Reduction to SPC
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reduction to SPC
 Login/Join

posted
If I have a SGT that has 3yrs TIG and has not attended WLC can they be reduce in rank for not attending in a certain amount of time?

Posts: 1 | Registered: 28 December 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of atp
posted Hide Post
If he refuses to go to school, yes.

Posts: 175 | Registered: 27 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I heard while i was in WLC that they are trying to make it that if you get promoted to e5 and dont go withing one year DOR then you can get demoted and have to pay the extra money back. Realize this is what they Army is trying to do, I have seen nothing about it being in effect. This NCO needs to get his butt in gear and go to WLC unless he doesn't want to, then see if there is any way to look at corrective action for that. we had an e5 get demoted for not going to WLC after about 3 years as an e5

Posts: 11 | Location: Fort Bliss,Texas | Registered: 07 December 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of sysalis
posted Hide Post
I don't know why people refuse to go to WLC. It's too easy. Whether it's the 17 day or 27 day course, it's still easy. I have no idea why people try to dodge WLC like it's a deployment.

I know I'm only a SPC, but that SGT needs to suck it up and go to WLC. It's too easy.

"The most dangerous thing in the world is a second lieutenant with a map and a compass."
-Murphy's Law of Combat

Posts: 700 | Location: USAG-Daegu, South Korea | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SSG. T
posted Hide Post
WLC is like basic or AIT, or any other Army school from CLS to ranger school, it's the best school you never want to attend again. I personally don't see the value of WLC other than to check the block, honestly. However if that's what the Army wants that's what the Army gets, and if that SGT doesn't want to go, than the Army will more than likely reduce him in rank or let him go home.

Posts: 580 | Registered: 29 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Dogfaced_Medic
posted Hide Post
I found I learned more from the other SGTs/SPCs then I did from the actual course, and I think that is what is important about it.

Posts: 39 | Location: Fort Jackson,SC | Registered: 01 September 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dogfaced_Medic:
I found I learned more from the other SGTs/SPCs then I did from the actual course, and I think that is what is important about it.

+1

I attended PLDC back in fall 2003 in Germany. Some things in the Army never change.

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
WLC is only a requirement for advancement to E6. In theory, a command can authorize an administrative reduction if the NCO is not operating at an E5 level, but it's near impossible to justify a reduction solely for not going to WLC. However, refusing to go to an NCOES is definitely grounds for imposing a bar to reenlistment.

Posts: 257 | Location: Ft Sam Houston | Registered: 27 October 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Reference AR 600-8-19 Par. 1-27 (2)

Soldiers who fail to successfully complete, fail to remain eligible to be scheduled for or attend, who are denied
enrollment in, or who do not attend their scheduled Noncommissioned Officer Education System (NCOES) class
(through fault of the Soldier) will be administratively reduced or removed from the promotion list. The effective date
of administrative reduction is the date of the action that caused the Soldier to be ineligible to retain the promotion. The
DOR will be the previous DOR held at the reduced grade.

Posts: 24 | Registered: 31 May 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post