Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WLC requirment
 Login/Join

posted
is there a regulation out that you have to pass an APFT 30 days prior to going to WLC?? I have a passing APFT from 3 months ago, and the training officer want me to take one a week before going to WLC- I end up failing the run by 8 seconds, so now I have been denied from the course...

How can I personally look for a seat vacancy for the earliest WLC course? I don't think this training officer is going to proactive in looking for another WLC seat for me any time soon since I just failed the run by 8 seconds.
I can pass the dang run, I just need to be on the next train to WLC asap before the next semester starts!!

Posts: 5 | Location: Ft Campbell, KY | Registered: 17 March 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Go Ordnance
posted Hide Post
It is a requirement to pass an APFT go to an NCOES school, why would they send you to WLC without passing an APFT?

The reason they make you take an APFT within 30 days of school is exactly for the reason you just explained. You just failed one. You can go look at all the regulations you want but you still will not get into WLC until you pass an APFT.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Go Ordnance,

"If you do not stand by me at my worst, you WILL NOT stand by me at my best."

Posts: 719 | Location: Fort Lee | Registered: 18 May 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I cant tell u if there is a reg for it but you do have to pass a unit APFT before you go, its just like going to airborne school or any other army school they dont want you to attend if you cant pass an APFT. I think if you would have failed a pt test while in school u might have gotten kicked out. I dont think you can find ur own school slot its up to your S-3.

Posts: 24 | Location: Baghdad, Iraq | Registered: 02 February 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SSG Prophet
posted Hide Post
If you don't pass an APFT, you don't go.

If you pass one, then take your APFT again when you get there (has to be done within 7 days) and fail it, you won't get kicked out, but you'll get a marginal 1059, which will go into your OMPF. Good luck ever making SFC if you have a marginal 1059.

That's almost as bad as having a 3/3 NCOER.

Posts: 339 | Location: Ft. Meade, MD | Registered: 08 August 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Go Ordnance
posted Hide Post
If I was your squad leader, I would suggest to the CO that they not sign your TA paperwork for school. Obviously you aren't doing the army any favors by passing your APFT so why should the army give you any favors by letting you go to school. Also you would be placed on remedial pt the same day you failed the APFT...

Wait, I wouldn't have to do all that because if you were my soldier i would make certain that you could pass an APFT with flying colors (not barely) before I even thought about recommending you to go to WLC or the board for that matter.

"If you do not stand by me at my worst, you WILL NOT stand by me at my best."

Posts: 719 | Location: Fort Lee | Registered: 18 May 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
thanks for your responses! You all were a lot of help

Posts: 5 | Location: Ft Campbell, KY | Registered: 17 March 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I ran across this post and noticed it was kind of outdated. Just wnted to post full clarification. This is via army.mil. The PDF holds the clarified reg:

http://sill-www.army.mil/usanc...PFT-and-profiles.pdf

- Nails

Posts: 1 | Location: PA | Registered: 24 July 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TransAm95NCO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kale407:
is there a regulation out that you have to pass an APFT 30 days prior to going to WLC?? I have a passing APFT from 3 months ago, and the training officer want me to take one a week before going to WLC- I end up failing the run by 8 seconds, so now I have been denied from the course...

How can I personally look for a seat vacancy for the earliest WLC course? I don't think this training officer is going to proactive in looking for another WLC seat for me any time soon since I just failed the run by 8 seconds.
I can pass the dang run, I just need to be on the next train to WLC asap before the next semester starts!!

It is a requirement for NCOES Schools to have a PT test within 30 days, then you take another one at the school...

Lead by Example!!!

Posts: 3914 | Location: Somewhere in the US | Registered: 13 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of ADeeperLight
posted Hide Post
The requirement has changed for NCOES -- WLC does not administer a PT test. It is the unit's responsibility to administer a PT test within 30 days of departure. This is reflected on your WLC pre-execution checklist (your commander & training NCO have to sign it before you go).

You can look in the course catalog (found in AKO -- it's called ATRRS I think) for a new WLC class. It's always hard to go during the month of October because they are sorting out the budget for the first month of the new fiscal year.

Good luck to you!

Posts: 2 | Registered: 07 September 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I graduated WLC last month at Ft Bragg and we sure did take an APFT the second day there. They will retest you if you fail (unless you just returned from deployment, in which case you still take the APFT but it is more of a diagnostic event). You can fail and not be kicked from the class, however it is reflected on your 1059

Posts: 30 | Location: Fort Bragg, NC | Registered: 03 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of ADeeperLight
posted Hide Post
I am currently at WLC in Camp Ashland, Nebraska and we got height weighted, but NO PT Test.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 07 September 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Edit: While it is not an NCOES requirement, the Commandant can ADD to that and include an APFT in the course Smiler

Posts: 30 | Location: Fort Bragg, NC | Registered: 03 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Its pretty much a standard for any Army school. When I went to WLC they required an APFT within 30 days of your report date. WLC schools still administor the APFT but cannot use it against you. However, they can and will make a statement on your 1059 that you didn't pass the APFT.

Dave

Posts: 258 | Location: Japan | Registered: 04 December 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of ArmyWife~N~Soldier
posted Hide Post
You know what gets me? Before they took the APFT out of WLC, we had soldiers in my cycle that failed it there at the school. They still got a marginal 1059. So how can they deny soldiers entry to WLC if they were giving marginal 1059s to APFT failures IN WLC?? Just a thought.

Posts: 758 | Location: Fort Carson, CO | Registered: 12 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Redleg13
posted Hide Post
@armywife....it is quite simple.....soldiers in your cycle received marginals because they failed the APFT....now that APFT is no longer required, if you show up and havent passed a APFT you can still come (Commandants decision) but all that soldier would get is a marginal.....so question is why would you show up just to get a marginal? Just a thought.

Posts: 69 | Registered: 23 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post