ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  NCO Business  Hop To Forums  Warrior Leaders Course    Deployment Waiver to SSG
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Deployment Waiver to SSG
 Login/Join

Picture of JagMan81
posted
I'm putting the finishing touches on volunteering for an OEF deployment but still have a few unanswered questions. Is MILPER 05-261, which allowed for promotion to SSG to deployed personnel that don't have WLC, still in effect? I have not been able to find any MILPER superseding or rescinding this, but I want to be certain. I would really love to pick up my 6, especially since the only thing holding me back was not having WLC. I've been trying and failing to get a WLC slot for nearly 3 years.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JagMan81,

Posts: 5 | Registered: 22 April 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TransAm95NCO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JagMan81:
I'm putting the finishing touches on volunteering for an OEF deployment but still have a few unanswered questions. Is MILPER 05-262, which allowed for promotion to SSG to deployed personnel that don't have WLC, still in effect? I have not been able to find any MILPER superseding or rescinding this, but I want to be certain. I would really love to pick up my 6, especially since the only thing holding me back was not having WLC. I've been trying and failing to get a WLC slot for nearly 3 years.

hey not trying to piss you off, but how in the hell do you not get WLC slot in 3 years...have you been deployed all that time? back to back? I mean its only like 4 weeks, 2 in some places...you been in the same unit for the past 3 years? I would ask to go to WLC then do the deployment...

Lead by Example!!!

Posts: 3914 | Location: Somewhere in the US | Registered: 13 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of JagMan81
posted Hide Post
I'm Guard, so there's always issues with NCOES slots. The biggest hurdle though has not been deployments, but schools. In the last four years I will have spent 127 weeks in military schools, that on top of being a PhD candidate. Inevitably, the only slots I could have taken were already reserved. I had two slots when I was a SPC, but got bumped both times in favor of a SGT(P). Not having WLC is not for lack of trying by either my Schools NCO or myself, and a bit of an annoyance to us both.

Posts: 5 | Registered: 22 April 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of JC351LPP4
posted Hide Post
Check out AR 600-8-19, Chapter 1-27, d. (1)

Posts: 344 | Location: Fort Belvoir, VA | Registered: 01 November 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post