ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  NCO Business  Hop To Forums  Warrior Leaders Course    I am the Sergeant ceremony?

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
I am the Sergeant ceremony?
 Login/Join

posted
I went to the Warrior Leaders Course graduation last week with my husband as a few of his soldiers were graduating and was really moved by the opening ceremonies entitled "I AM THE SERGEANT". Does anyone have more info on this or where I can get the narrative. I've searched everything online I can think of with no luck. Thanks-- Mel

Posts: 7 | Location: FT Lewis, WA | Registered: 01 July 2006Report This Post

Picture of Drill Sergeant K
posted Hide Post
Here is a link I found. I hope it is what you are looking for. There are some neat pics that go with it. Hope you enjoy.http://www.pica.army.mil/voice2001/010622/IamSergeant.htm

You can push them out of a plane, you can march them off a cliff, you can
send them to die on some God-forsaken rock, but for some reason you can't
slap them.

Posts: 58 | Location: Fort Jackson, South Carolina | Registered: 03 April 2006Report This Post

posted Hide Post
Thank you, that was exactly what I was looking for. Mel

Posts: 7 | Location: FT Lewis, WA | Registered: 01 July 2006Report This Post

posted Hide Post
I WAS NOT ABLE TO FIND THE "I AM THE SERGEANT" INFORMATION ON THE PICA.ARMY.MIL WEBSITE, DO YOU HAVE ANY OTHER PLACE I CAN LOOK?

Picture of SSG McGovern
posted Hide Post
http://www.mcgovernville.com/I-Am-The-Sergeant.mp3

That's an mp3 of the one that's played at all the NCO Academy graduations here at Fort Lewis. The Soldier who did the voice-over for it is none other than... ME! Smiler

Posts: 50 | Location: Fort Hood, Texas | Registered: 21 October 2005Report This Post

Picture of AMMartinez
posted Hide Post
Does anyone have the script for it?
We are about to do an induction ceremony and would like to have it.
Thanks

Posts: 4 | Location: Okinawa, Japan | Registered: 25 March 2007Report This Post

Picture of SSG McGovern
posted Hide Post

Posts: 50 | Location: Fort Hood, Texas | Registered: 21 October 2005Report This Post

Picture of AMMartinez
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much. I couldn't find it anywhere!

Posts: 4 | Location: Okinawa, Japan | Registered: 25 March 2007Report This Post

Picture of Top_Dog
posted Hide Post
Okay, I have been in for a bit, but absolutely love this. I did not see it until a few years ago when I was inducted into the Sergeant Audie Murphy Club in Korea. I thought it was pretty darn cool to hear the words and the video show, and we had soldiers walking down the aisles with military dress from 200 years ago until present.

1. Procrastination is like a disease.

Posts: 200 | Location: Just finished serving as a First Sergeant for the 3rd time (which I love), and now working as an Inspector General. | Registered: 12 January 2004Report This Post

posted Hide Post
Does anyone have a video?

Posts: 7 | Location: Fort Hood | Registered: 19 May 2009Report This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SSG McGovern:
http://www.mcgovernville.com/I-Am-The-Sergeant.mp3

That's an mp3 of the one that's played at all the NCO Academy graduations here at Fort Lewis. The Soldier who did the voice-over for it is none other than... ME! Smiler

Not just Lewis, out here at Landstuhl Germany your voice resounds through this portion of the ceremony. Great job!

Posts: 80 | Location: Landstuhl RMC | Registered: 04 December 2009Report This Post