ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Reenlistment Forum  Hop To Forums  Reenlistment    Looking for some reenlistment ideas
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for some reenlistment ideas
 Login/Join

posted
I've finally hopped off the fence and decided to reenlist. However, I want my reenlistment ceremony to be something memorable and/or out of the ordinary.

This stems mostly from the fact that most of the reenlistments I have attended thus far have involved little more than finding an available closet-sized room with a flag in it. Since this is going to be the moment at which I give my country the next several years of my life, I would like it to be something special that I can look back on with pride.

So, I'm looking for some ideas, and when I happened across this forum, I figured who better to ask than those who work in the field. What are some of the better reenlistment ceremonies that you have seen? Thanks!

Posts: 1 | Registered: 08 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Career Counselor
Picture of ArmyReenlistment
posted Hide Post
Reenlisting in the air or under water.

Reenlisting on top of the tallest building on post ...

It's YOUR career! Take control of it before someone else does.
http://www.ArmyReenlistment.com
http://www.facebook.com/ArmyReenlistment

Posts: 6763 | Location: Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall | Registered: 31 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of airgigeo
posted Hide Post
I re-enlisted while in Iraq. Like you, I wanted to make it somewhat memorable and decided to re-enlist on the steps of the Temple of Ur. Kinda symbolic and sappy, but the pictures were awesome. Here on Bragg, I've seen people re-enlist in front of the Iron Mike statue and some have gone to Airbone/Special Forces museum in Fayetteville. Maybe you have something like that in your area.

Posts: 70 | Location: NTC | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of BuiltToLast
posted Hide Post
We had an NCO re-up midflight on a chinook a few years back. That was pretty cool. Memorials are always good places too.

Rub some dirt on it

Posts: 84 | Location: Ft. Lewis | Registered: 16 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post