ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Reenlistment Forum  Hop To Forums  Reenlistment    11B E-5 to 35M
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

11B E-5 to 35M
 Login/Join

Picture of SGT.Cassidy
posted
I'm looking into re-enlisting to reclass from the MOS 11B to 35M and i'm hearing different things about what the pre-requisites are for 35M. My BTN recruiter says i need to have already applied for a Top Secret, and have an interim clearance, as well as have already taken the DLAB. But I spoke to some soldiers who were already in the 35M MOS and they said different. Does anyone out there know exactly I must have before I am able to re-up for the MOS 35M. Thanks!

Posts: 2 | Location: Germany | Registered: 11 August 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of JMW3CC
posted Hide Post
quote:
My BTN recruiter says i need to have already applied for a Top Secret, and have an interim clearance, as well as have already taken the DLAB.

You mean your Battalion Career Counselor, right? Wink

Below are the qualifications for MOS 35M, security requirements are high-lighted in blue and red.

MOS 35M--Human Intelligence Collector (HUMINT Collector)
Physical demands rating and qualifications for initial award of MOS. HUMINT collectors must possess the following qualifications:
(1) A physical demands rating of medium.
(2) A physical profile of 222221.
(3) Normal color vision .
(4) Qualifying scores.
(a) A minimum score of 95 in aptitude area ST on Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB) tests administered prior to 2 January 2002.
(b) A minimum score of 92 in aptitude area ST on ASVAB tests administered on and after 2 January 2002 and prior to 1 July 2004.
(c) A minimum score of 91 in aptitude area ST (TECH) on ASVAB tests administered on and after 1 July 2004.
(5) Security eligibility:
(a) Prior to October 2012, Soldier must meet SECRET security eligibility requirements to be awarded this MOS.
(b) Effective October 2012, the Soldier must meet TOP SECRET (TS) and Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) access eligibility requirements to be awarded this MOS. For clearance requirements to attend training, refer to the Army Training Requirements and Resources System (ATRRS).

(c) U.S. Army Recruiting Command (USAREC) and the Army National Guard will submit Single-Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) packets requesting TS/SCI eligibility determination for future Soldiers in MOS 35M with a scheduled ship date on or after 1 October 2008.
(d) Effective 1 October 2008, in-service Soldiers recruited into MOS 35M, while not currently required to possess more than a SECRET eligibility, will submit SSBI packets requesting TS/SCI eligibility determination during their reenlisting processing.
(e) Soldiers currently holding MOS 35M, who have not previously been granted TS/SCI eligibility, will submit SSBI packets requesting TS/SCI eligibility not later than 1 October 2011 in order to meet the revised full implementation date of 1 October 2012 for possessing TS eligibility and SCI access eligibility to hold the MOS.
(6) A high school graduate or equivalent prior to entry onto active duty.
(7) Demonstrates a clear enunciation and comprehension of English and good standard English grammar skills. Applicants who are not native-born citizens or who have not attended U.S. schools since the age of 6, must obtain a minimum score of 80 in reading and listening on the English Comprehension Level Test (ECLT) or American Course Language Placement Test (ACLPT). The Executive Agent for English is the Defense Language Institute English Language Center (DLIELC).
(8) Soldiers accessing into this MOS must have a minimum qualifying score on the Defense Language Aptitude Battery (DLAB) or a qualifying score of L2-R2 (listening-reading) on the Defense Language Proficiency Test (DLPT) in a required and documented foreign language. The current and approved minimum DLAB score for accessions into this MOS at any given time will be reflected in the REQUEST program in accordance with the category of languages required and being recruited. If initial DLPT score is below L2-R2, the DLAB must be administered. The Soldiers must have a DPLT score of at least L2-R2 (listening and reading) and S2 (speaking) prior to award of MOS. A qualifying DLAB and DPLT score is not required for initial entry Soldiers.
(9) MOS closed for reclassification to Soldiers who have been deemed permanently non-deployable in accordance with AR 614-30, AR 40-501, AR 220-1 and AR 600-8-101. Soldiers must meet the minimum criteria for retainability stated in AR 600-60, paragraph 4-2(b) and be fully deployable to all locations and echelons.
(10) MOS closed for reclassification at SFC, MSG, and SGM, except for those Soldiers within CMF 35.
(11) No information in military personnel, Provost Marshal, intelligence, or medical records that would prevent the granting of a security eligibility under AR 380-67 (para 3.401.a).
(12) No record of conviction by court martial.
(13) No record of conviction by civil court for any offense other than minor traffic violations.
(14) Must be a U.S. citizen.
(15) Meet career management and development criteria contained in AR 614-200 and DA Pam 351-4.
(16) Formal training (completion of MOS 35M course conducted under the auspices of the USAIC&FH, Ft Huachuca, AZ mandatory or meet the ACASP criteria per paragraph 9-5b (5)(b) of this pamphlet and in paragraphs (a) thru (d) below.
(a) Meet additional requirements for MOS under AR 614-200.
(b) Have reading and listening comprehension of at least “2” in needed foreign language in accordance with AR 11-6. Language proficiency testing will be accomplished at MEPS under AR 601-270 for applicants who claim proficiency in needed foreign language and meet above requirements.
(c) Successfully complete 35M HUMINT Collector course.
(d) Special instructions are as follows:
1. Requirements for MOS 35M for (RA) will be reflected on the REQUEST program “RPTCAS”. Requirements for USAR will be obtained from unit’s vacancy lists.
2. Persons who enlist through this program will not receive language acquisition training upon accession, but may attend language enhancement training courses throughout their careers. On the addendum to DA Form 3286-68 (for RA), DA Form 3540 series (for USAR), guidance counselors will complete the statement to indicate the enlistee’s language. (Example: “I understand that my civilian acquired skill as a Korean Linguist, MOSC 35M1LKP, will be recognized under enlistment and”). The MOSC to include the proper language identifier also will be entered as shown above.
3. Language requirements.
a. Not a requirement for U.S. Army active component skill level 1 and 2 Soldiers and/or accessing into MOS 35M is a requirement for AA skill level 3 Soldiers (and all components, AA, ARNG, IRR and USAR).
b. A requirement for U.S. Army National Guard component skill level 1 Soldiers. To be determined by U.S. Army National Guard Reserve components for Soldiers requiring a language at skill level 1.

Posts: 681 | Location: ARMY WIDE | Registered: 10 February 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 35 Series
posted Hide Post
At some point they're going to bring back the language requirement for the MOS, so unless there is some addition to the above post floating around in USAREC somewhere, you still need to have a passing DLAB score.

"an Army Linguist" - Resources and more about being an Army linguist

Posts: 2327 | Location: CONUS | Registered: 30 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post