ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Reenlistment Forum  Hop To Forums  Reenlistment    Extension for APFT "Code M"
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Extension for APFT "Code M"
 Login/Join

Picture of bohica256
posted
I have a soldier who has failed his most recent APFT and is in his 90 day window for reenlistment. We spoke with our Retention NCO and he mentioned a "Code M" which would allow the soldier to extend up to 6 months in order to pass the APFT and then reenlist. However, when attempting to get more information on this for my own reference, I cannot find anything online. He mentioned that this was additional information that was not currently in the AR. Does anyone have additional insight on this topic? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Posts: 32 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
Send me a PM with an e-mail to reach you and I get you contact with our superstar career counselor.

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
DA G-1 exception to policy dated 10 April 2007; also HQ USARC memo dated 8 June 2007.

One time extension of 180 days (6 months). It is not up to 6 months, it is 6 months.

No more than 1 failed APFT. No further extensions under the ETP.

Can also be used for soldiers who do not have an APFT within 18 months.

This is a ten level task

PDF DocException_(Ext_of_APFT_Failures)_-_8_Jun_07_small.pdf (194 Kb, 2 downloads) ETP

Posts: 2870 | Registered: 15 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post