ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Reenlistment Forum  Hop To Forums  Reenlistment    CAN I REENLIST AND RECLASS FROM 92Y TO 68E,68Q, OR 15P
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CAN I REENLIST AND RECLASS FROM 92Y TO 68E,68Q, OR 15P
 Login/Join

posted
Hi my two years out window will open up may 5th 2010 I was wondering if i could reenlist and reclass to either a 68E, 68Q, or 15P from a 92Y either of these jobs and i dont care where i go as long as i can get away from Ft Polk my ETS date is May 5 2012 right now and this will be my second reenlistment I am a SPC

Anquan

Posts: 7 | Location: colorado springs | Registered: 08 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quan what are your line scores?

Posts: 2599 | Registered: 08 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Patterson, I can tell you off the bat that you're out of your re-enlistment window, since your ETS falls after 31 Mar 2012. Wait until after October (the new fiscal year) to check your options.

Posts: 353 | Registered: 17 November 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
as of right now 68E is overstrenthed and noone is coming in or even able to reenlist as a 68E. keep checking your milper msgs

Posts: 19 | Location: Bronx, New York | Registered: 21 June 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
and pv2's arent elgible for reenlistment

Posts: 19 | Location: Bronx, New York | Registered: 21 June 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Career Counselor
Picture of ArmyReenlistment
posted Hide Post
PV2s aren't eligible for reenlistment? Confused

It's YOUR career! Take control of it before someone else does.
http://www.ArmyReenlistment.com
http://www.facebook.com/ArmyReenlistment

Posts: 6763 | Location: Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall | Registered: 31 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
yes that is what i have been told, i was accually in the same situation at one time in my re up window and being demoted to E2 and the retention NCO told me i wouldnt be able to reenlist until i got back up to 3

Picture of SFC46Z
posted Hide Post
Before we get too spun up about 'PV2' Patterson reenlisting, he did say in the last line of his post that he is a SPC.

Posts: 39 | Registered: 16 September 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dentacker:
yes that is what i have been told, i was accually in the same situation at one time in my re up window and being demoted to E2 and the retention NCO told me i wouldnt be able to reenlist until i got back up to 3

atleast someone read the post...

Posts: 532 | Registered: 10 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
thanks didnt catch that

Picture of ReUp63
posted Hide Post
First, you won't be in the window until Oct 2010 at the earliest. Different window this year, don't yet know what FY11 will look like. Second, even if you were in the window, you wouldn't get option 3 as you're not an initial term Soldier (you said this was your second reenlistment).
BLUF: Talk to your Career Counselor on 1 Oct to see what current policy is at that time.

Posts: 473 | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post