ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Reenlistment Forum  Hop To Forums  Reenlistment    Indef or ETS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Indef or ETS
 Login/Join

posted
So here is my issue. I have been in since 2002 (Active since 2003) and currently still have an ETS date in December of 2016. I am a Sergeant First Class and have moved through the ranks pretty quick. I will be extremely competitive for E-8 when I am eligible due to having two years rated time as a Senior Drill Sergeant, EO Certified, SHARP certified, PLDC (Commandants List), ALC (Distinguished Honor Grad), SLC (Distinguished Honor Grad), Associates Degree, Bachelors Degree, and Masters Degree, Excellent NCOERs. I am a mechanic and have done everything from Airborne, Squad Leader, Senior Mechanic, Shop Foreman, Motor Sergeant, Platoon Sergeant, Operations Sergeant, Team Chief (Cavalry Unit). The only issue I have is that I just had surgery on my back for a herniated disc which was causing sciatica nerve pain and it does not seem to be getting better and I am worried that it might turn into a medical retire or medical discharge. Knowing the process, should I just ETS since I still have a date or go indef with this back issue if I am not discharged? What would you do?

Posts: 1 | Location: Fort Benning, GA | Registered: 15 February 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post