ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Reenlistment Forum  Hop To Forums  Reenlistment    RCP ETS and how it effects your Discharge (Honorable/Dishonorable)?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RCP ETS and how it effects your Discharge (Honorable/Dishonorable)?
 Login/Join

posted
My 7 year mark as a SPC was on 31JAN2014. My ETS date is on 26MAY2015. My 8 year mark will be on 31JAN2015.

Will they involuntarily separate me before my ETS date? Will this change in RCP for SPC give me anything less than an Honorable Discharge?

Posts: 72 | Location: Fort Kouch. | Registered: 31 March 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
Since RCP is not due to misconduct; I will bet that you will receive a full honorable. Your narrative and re-code will explain the reason for involuntary discharge.

http://themilitarywallet.com/t...military-discharges/

There are five types of discharges and a dishonorable is only given at a general court martial. The first three (honorable, general under honorable, other than honorable) are the ones that probably apply to your case. But an OTH usually is given for misconduct issues (.e.g article 15s).

Good luck.

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
Based on this 2011 article, what is the latest RCP?

http://www.stripes.com/news/eu...ed-soldiers-1.136296

Is it different? Lower?

If it is still the same, I think you will still be allowed to remain.

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
All E-4's to 8 years (P or not). All E-5's to 14.

Posts: 2619 | Registered: 08 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
The thing is, is RCP does not effect your contractual ETS date. For example I'm an E5 sitting at 10 years. I just reenlisted for five years right before the new RCPs were put into place. If I don't get promoted I will RCP as an E5 at 15 years due to my contract.

Posts: 392 | Registered: 17 November 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
SGT Smitty you need to read the new RCP regulations. Once you hit RCP the unit has 90 days to get you out of the Army regardless of how much time is left on your contract. Part of the draw-down.

Posts: 13 | Registered: 28 August 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
@NCO Neher, The new reg says Soldiers past there RCP BECAUSE of lose of rank or loss of promotable status has 90 to get out. Theres nothing that specifies about people who are just in. Im a SPC(P) coming up on 10 yrs, thats contracted till SEPT 2015. My unit is saying i have to go, yet its been a month and have noe orders. Orders get cut 90 days from the date you get out. The unit we work for says that we are grandfathered in and they are not clearing the soldiers that have contracts spanning past there RCP. Non of there soldiers have recieved orders either. There needs to be more guidance.

Off tpoic i had orders for May to PCS for Korea, at the same time of this theres now a nice bonus for those going to Korea....sigh

Posts: 13 | Location: Afghanistan | Registered: 01 January 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
We have an e5 that just submitted his retirement paper work. So it's up to the unit to discharge or not at rcp

Posts: 12 | Registered: 21 February 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post