ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Officer Business  Hop To Forums  Warrant Officer Discussion    July 2015 Board dilemma
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

July 2015 Board dilemma
 Login/Join

posted
Hello all,

I am thinking of submitting for the July 2015 board for 920B. The problem is that I am currently on order for an assignment that required an extensive packet and took 18 plus months to acquire. I am stuck between a rock and a hard place as I have been working towards becoming a Warrant Officer ever since I was a private. Had some medical issues I had to overcome to simply be eligible to be boarded. The question is the following: My report date is Sep 10, 2015 and I sign out of the unit on 17 July 2015. Board ends 17 July 2015. So will my orders be cancelled or would I proceed on the assignment and then get sent to WOCS a few months into my assignment? How likely would it be for my new proponent to return me to the newly PCS assignment as a Warrant? Thank you all in advance for taking the time to read this thread.

Posts: 47 | Location: Fort Bliss | Registered: 01 August 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
It should not be a dilemma if you want to be a Warrant Officer.

Also, there is no guarantee that you will be selected on this board, so why not apply?

I did not get selected on my first application for WO. I then deployed to Iraq with the 101st. While in Iraq, I got orders to Germany.

After I redeployed, I still had the opportunity to go attend BNCOC/ALC and a month before PCSing to Germany, I re-submitted another WO packet updating my LORs.

Three months after I arrived in Germany, I got selected and PCSed seven months later.

If you do get selected, you may PCS three months to a year to WOCS.

Your current orders will not get deleted based on the timeline you provided. I will submit.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TheWiseChief,

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
thanks wisechief. You are absolutely right about not being guaranteed selection. Thanks for the advise. The dilemma I am running into is that a CW4 recruiter told me to take the assignment and do the warrant thing later. The issues I am having is that the assignment I was selected for I can't ask for LOR til the third year in the assignment and that will put me at 13 years AFS. The other issue is a medical issue that I had has been something that I've been working to overcome and finally did. So I feel like I am given two awesome opportunities that I am torn between.

Posts: 47 | Location: Fort Bliss | Registered: 01 August 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
I do not know your current rank or MOS that you are applying for but I would not think that LORs from previous commands will be an issue.

If you are close on passing the AFS requirement; again, I will apply ASAP. Yes, you could submit an exception to policy for AFS but then your chances for getting selected will have decreased. I got selected at 8 years AFS.

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post