ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Officer Business  Hop To Forums  Warrant Officer Discussion    Anyone else turn in a packet for the 255A/255A May board?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone else turn in a packet for the 255A/255A May board?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
ZLONIS2044
I am thinking they mean quality packets because on the last board there were a quit a few packets that made it to board but were non selects.

Posts: 42 | Registered: 05 January 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
There will always be non-selects based on the OML and how many candidates are being assessed for that quarter.

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thanks for that info didnt know that.

posted Hide Post
If selected as a candidate for WOCS should you/would you still attend SLC if its before the WOCS? Or should you drop the course instead of taking a class seat from someone else?

posted Hide Post
I would let the S3 know and let them decide. If they give me the opportunity to attend, then I would definitely go. If they talked to branch and they wanted to give someone else the opportunity, then I would not go. May be a little different since I am here on Fort Gordon though. The unit would not have to pay me TDY.

Posts: 5 | Location: Fort Gordon | Registered: 21 March 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZLonis2044:
I would let the S3 know and let them decide. If they give me the opportunity to attend, then I would definitely go. If they talked to branch and they wanted to give someone else the opportunity, then I would not go. May be a little different since I am here on Fort Gordon though. The unit would not have to pay me TDY.

The S3 does not have any decision in the matter. It will be up to the SM and his/her command to make that decision. I think the only way S3 will make a decision is if they have to remove the ATRRS reservation due to your selection.

Personally, it will hold no weight unless you are expecting to fail the course and to return to the enlisted ranks. I remember my WOCS TAC telling me that I should not worry about my last NCOER because it no longer matters. SLC will never appear on your ORB and the graduation certificate will go into your restricted file. The only goodie from it is that you will have a number 3 on your NCOPD ribbon.

The time from selection to WOCS should be geared towards the DL course and preparing yourself for WOCS.

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Two more days. This has been a long 3 months for me.
Good luck everyone!!

Posts: 4 | Registered: 29 December 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I am thinking that the results might post a little later than usual since the pushed the deadline for packets so far back.

posted Hide Post
Results are out! Congrats to all!