Community's Community is an Army Forum
TABE Question

I'm in the Coast Guard and applying for 880A. Saw that I am required to take the TABE exam. Does anyone know how long one must wait to retake the exam if they do poorly the first time around? I'm not that strong in math and want to give myself a couple tries before the Jan 2015 board.
Posts: 1 | Location: Hawaii  | Registered: 30 March 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
6 months
Posts: 121 | Registered: 09 October 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I didn't have to wait to retake it. The Ed center should offer an OASC online or something close type of program where you study up on your math and English and avoid the 6 mo wait. Soon as you're done you can retake; however, I took the BSEP course (ASVAB improvement)just to be safe… I didn't need to improve my ASVAB score, just relearn math, which I hadn't really done for 15 years. Take to your Ed center, if you still have issues, reach out to an Army center. Also, see if they can roll up all your totals IE total English, total math, etc. Good luck luck.

WOC LoGiudice
Posts: 49 | Location: Fort Huachuca, AZ. | Registered: 08 June 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post