Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

255A WOBC
 Login/Join

posted
Do they have barracks\quarters for geo-bachelors to reside in for 255A\255N WOBC?

Posts: 42 | Registered: 05 January 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
I am at Gordon and the single/geos stay at Ring Hall or live off-post. We study there and have the free buffet on Wednesday/Bingo night. That is where the 25As stay at too. The video is below.

My class is graduating soon, so if you are looking for an apartment off-post (take over my buddy's place) in July, PM me. He lives out of Gate 5 and I am out by Gate 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQYjMYCSeX4

Picture of Ring Hall = http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hot..._Gordon_Georgia.html

It is by the pool. If you were enlisted as a 25 series (I was not), I know you are already familiar with Gordon.

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thank you WiseChief. I ask because I am not 100% sure I am bringing my family to FT Gordon and wasnt trying to pay rent in 2 places. Thanks for the info and links!

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
No problem. A couple of AD in my class left their family at their present duty location. But one is stationed in Japan and another up by D.C. I wanted to bring mine because I missed so much time with them during my years away due to deployment.

I will be here for 7 more weeks. If you get here before that time, we will be in the same morning accountability formation. We have it three times a week. I am on a four-day now and it feels good to relax. I am seeing X-Men tonight.

posted Hide Post
That's exactly what I needed to know thanks for the info WiseChief. Enjoy your weekend!

Picture of WilNel
posted Hide Post
Will-I-am are you a reservist/ng?

Posts: 32 | Location: Benton Arkansas | Registered: 15 August 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
No I am Active/ RA. Reason I asked is because me and my wife have triplets with alot of appointment in which she will need help. I was going to send her home with family to help while I was in class. I was trying to avoid paying rent in 2 places.

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
Eisenhower Hospital on-post is premier. Have you started WOCS yet? On-post housing is awesome too. Did you get on the list?

When are you expected to arrive?

I am paying 1300 a month rent living off-post in a five-bedroom house.

posted Hide Post
TheWiseChief

I still need to attend WOCS which is 6 months out. I was just trying to gather info ahead of time for my families sake. I dont know how much time i can miss in class helping my wife with the triplets which is why i was gonna send her home and try and get barracks or lodging while in school.

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Will-I-am:
TheWiseChief

I still need to attend WOCS which is 6 months out. I was just trying to gather info ahead of time for my families sake. I dont know how much time i can miss in class helping my wife with the triplets which is why i was gonna send her home and try and get barracks or lodging while in school.

Does she drive and do you have a second vehicle? I do not know where you are at now and how much BAH you are currently receiving but my comrades in class who left their family home are paying 400 bucks out of pocket a month for a small apartment.

posted Hide Post
Yes she drives and we have two vehicles, right now we are at Ft. Belvoir. 400$ isnt so bad if I have too.

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Will-I-am:
Yes she drives and we have two vehicles, right now we are at Ft. Belvoir. 400$ isnt so bad if I have too.

You will get BAH based at Gordon which is a $1000 less a month (but your base pay is going to get a big boost), so you have some decisions to make.

posted Hide Post
Thanks TheWiseChief

posted Hide Post
Hey Will-I-am, I am stationed in DC at the White House. I will be attending WOCS July 16th. My wife is going to stay in the area while I attend 255N WOBC. I got my "BAH waiver" approved so that I can continue to get my D.C BAH while I am at school in Augusta. If you have any questions with that process let me know. I am going to get an apartment at Fort Gordon when I get there in Oct.

Posts: 27 | Registered: 08 January 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mk407:
Hey Will-I-am, I am stationed in DC at the White House. I will be attending WOCS July 16th. My wife is going to stay in the area while I attend 255N WOBC. I got my "BAH waiver" approved so that I can continue to get my D.C BAH while I am at school in Augusta. If you have any questions with that process let me know. I am going to get an apartment at Fort Gordon when I get there in Oct.

How long is 255N school? When I went through WOBC at Gordon in 2008, 255A was a PCS and 255N was TDY. 255N WOBC was not longer than 5.5 months.

I am curious if that has changed.

EDIT: I just saw this old thread and I guess it was changed to a PCS

http://community.armystudyguid...1093521/m/6067041716