Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

255A WOBC
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I know I have kind of already asked this before just don't want to shoot myself in the foot... For those of you who went to WOBC as a 255A/255N would you recommend bringing family or coming alone? What is the average duty day + study time ?

Posts: 42 | Registered: 05 January 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
When went through the 250N WOBC in 2006 I was already stationed at Gordon and living there with my wife. While the schedule itself was busy, I still had a fair bit of time to spend with her. That being said, there were times where my classmates had the advantage because they could do nothing but study and work on stuff where I was trying to spend time with the wife too. If it's just you and the wife, probably not to bad. If you have kids too.....it may be a different story.

CW3 Troy Ward
NETOPS OCT
Bronco 30E
National Training Center, Fort Irwin, CA

Are you a signal warrant officer? http://www.signal-chief.com/

Posts: 609 | Location: National Training Center, Fort Irwin, CA | Registered: 26 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thanks for that outlook Mr. Ward I appreciate it.

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Will-I-am:
Thanks for that outlook Mr. Ward I appreciate it.

When I went the 255A school in 2008, it was a PCS due to the length of the school. I had nice housing on-post and it was great to have my family. If your orders state it is a PCS; then PCS.

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
I forgot to mention, that the level of studying will depend on your knowledge and skill set. With Cisco, I arrived home by 1700 and played with packet tracer and the class modules all night. On the other hand, our honor grad played video games the whole time he was at school. Haha

posted Hide Post
Thanks TheWiseChief, I was told I am authorized to bring my family, but it is strongly discouraged. Also are we required to reside off post. Long-term on-post lodging is not avail for WOBC students.

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
Who said it is strongly discouraged? Because I would disagree with that.

I left WOAC this year and lived off-post and it was much better living off-post than on. I lived in Grovetown.

And this was for the 255S course which is much harder than WOBC and it is encouraged that you bring your family.

posted Hide Post
I am here at WOBC now as a 255N, if you don't have very good router skills or networking skills I would say leave your family back. I Left my family back in the D.C area while attending school. The Cisco portion of the course is fast pace and will require you to study a whole lot. We normally get out of class between 1600-1700. As soon as I get home we have homework which consist of reading one to two chapters for the next day and you will be taking an exam almost every night. If you have any other questions, let me know.

Posts: 27 | Registered: 08 January 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of WilNel
posted Hide Post
the only time I really had to do extensive study was for CISSP. and undoubtedly I didn't study enough. but out of 16 classmates 8 passed the test.

Posts: 32 | Location: Benton Arkansas | Registered: 15 August 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post