ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Officer Business  Hop To Forums  Warrant Officer Discussion    JST Recomended Credits for 255A WOBC
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

JST Recomended Credits for 255A WOBC
 Login/Join

posted
Can anyone tell me how many credit hours JST is recommending for 255A WOBC?

Posts: 5 | Registered: 20 September 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
I believe none. BTW, I am finishing up the sierra course. How are things going with you?

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Things are well Sir. Looking forward to surviving WOCS (16JUL report date).
Hoping to hang around the school house after WOBC so that I can keep my cyber defense skills relevant.

How has the course been? Have you built a faraday cage around your home yet Wink

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KForinger:
Things are well Sir. Looking forward to surviving WOCS (16JUL report date).
Hoping to hang around the school house after WOBC so that I can keep my cyber defense skills relevant.

How has the course been? Have you built a faraday cage around your home yet Wink

It seems that way. I spend four to five hours after class studying, refining my indexes and tabbing the books. It has been a great learning experience and fulfilling in earning these SANS certifications. I look forward to applying this knowledge to the job.

I would be in snowbird status when you start WOCS, dealing with out-processing and going on leave before I head to my next duty assignment and gone by time you arrive/return to Gordon.

posted Hide Post
Got to love Indexing. It's a shame your going to be gone by the time I arrive. I'm positive we'll meet eventually. The cyber community is pretty small... for now.

posted Hide Post
Credit Recommendation: In the lower-division baccalaureate/associate degree category, 3 semester hours in business communications, 3 in CISCO network fundamentals, 3 in CISCO routing protocols, 3 in CISCO LAN switching and wireless, and 3 in CISCO Wide Area Networks. In the upper-division baccalaureate degree category, 3 semester hours in Voice Over Internet Protocol (VoIP), 3 in internetworking planning and design, 3 in server administration, 3 in decision-making, 3 in database applications, and 3 in (CISSP) Certified Information System Security Professional (7/13)(7/13).

Go to: http://www2.acenet.edu/militaryguide/CourseSearch.cfm and select 'Army' for service, then '255a' for military course number.

Where you'll bank on core credits is with certs(depending on University and Degree Plan).

Take Care

Posts: 13 | Registered: 17 November 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kenman62:
Credit Recommendation: In the lower-division baccalaureate/associate degree category, 3 semester hours in business communications, 3 in CISCO network fundamentals, 3 in CISCO routing protocols, 3 in CISCO LAN switching and wireless, and 3 in CISCO Wide Area Networks. In the upper-division baccalaureate degree category, 3 semester hours in Voice Over Internet Protocol (VoIP), 3 in internetworking planning and design, 3 in server administration, 3 in decision-making, 3 in database applications, and 3 in (CISSP) Certified Information System Security Professional (7/13)(7/13).

Go to: http://www2.acenet.edu/militaryguide/CourseSearch.cfm and select 'Army' for service, then '255a' for military course number.

Where you'll bank on core credits is with certs(depending on University and Degree Plan).

Take Care

JST is the new AARTS and with ACE, it will depend on the institution if they will credit any of your training for actual college credit. It can be an hit and miss depending. Once you finish with your schooling, view it afterwards.