Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Moral Waiver??
 Login/Join

posted
Hey everyone I am going through my DA Form 61 and am not sure if I need a moral Waiver. 12 Years ago, prior to the Army, I was arrested for unpaid fines. I spent a few hours in a holding cell and then was released with a court date. The fines were for a speeding ticket, no proof of insurance. Would this constitue needing to check yes in block 26 and needing a moral waiver? Thank you for any help.

Posts: 103 | Location: Fort Riley, KS | Registered: 30 May 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
Yes, and have a copy of that arrest disposition.

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Would I have to contact the Jail in order to get that or is there someplace I could go online to get it?

Posts: 103 | Location: Fort Riley, KS | Registered: 30 May 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
Should be in that courthouse in that county.

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
You only need to provide the court case number on your memo. Just explain what happen, and what you learned from that experience. It should not be an issue.

Posts: 6 | Registered: 30 September 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
So new question. When I was arrested for not paying my fines on time the charges were, speeding, no seat belt (As I was not wearing one at the time), and no proof of insurance. Reading through some of the stuff on the USAREC site I read you have to have a separate waiver for each offense. Does that mean I have to have 3 different moral waivers just for this one incident?

Picture of asparks
posted Hide Post
I recently went through the process and listed the violations on one waiver request. Each incident had an explanation regarding to what happened and how I learned from it. At the end I summarized overall how it impacted my life and what I did so that it wouldn't happen in the future.

Posts: 5 | Registered: 04 July 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
And didn't get kicked back or anything like that? Thank you for the help and good luck at the board.

Picture of asparks
posted Hide Post
The FEDREC board was no problem the longest process was the waiver for me. There were a couple hangups due to some confusion with date reported by the Police Dept. and the date entered by the DMV. Outside of that though no issues, just takes forever because (at least for me) waivers are low priority for those who have to sign them.

Posts: 5 | Registered: 04 July 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post