ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Officer Business  Hop To Forums  Warrant Officer Discussion    How long does Sec. of Defense Officer scroll addition take?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How long does Sec. of Defense Officer scroll addition take?
 Login/Join

posted
How long does it typically take for the Secretary of Defense to add a Reserve to Active Warrant to the Officer scroll? Most information I've found says, "can take up to 30-45 days," but I'm wondering how accurate of an estimate that is.

Thanks

Posts: 13 | Registered: 17 November 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
I do not understand your question. First, all new WO1s are placed on the reserved list for accountability purposes until they are promoted to CW2.

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
In order for a Reservist/Guardsman Officer to go RA their packet must first be approved by HRC, then by their Branch Management, then their name added to the RA Officer scroll (Sec of Defense approval for WO-1's) IAW 10 U.S. Code § 741 (est time 30-45 days for scroll addition of WO-1).

I'm checking to see if anyone has experience with this and knows how long the Secretary of Defense approval typically takes.

Thanks

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
I will e-mail the USAR rep at this link

http://www.usarec.army.mil/hq/...prerequ/WO255A.shtml

Also, when you get to WOCS/WOBC, there will be a USAR liaison that will be available to address any concerns that you have.

There was a recent Call to Active duty looking for Signal Warrants from the reserve components to cross over. Did you ever see the milper?

posted Hide Post
I did; applied, selected, now awaiting Secretary of Defense actions. Just wondering if anyone has experience with this and knows more accurately how long it may take.

Thank You.

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
If you go to the Milsuite Warrant Officer page, you may get a faster answer.