ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Officer Business  Hop To Forums  Warrant Officer Discussion    Tattoos (NEW AR-670-1)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tattoos (NEW AR-670-1)
 Login/Join

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by up&coming:
quote:
Originally posted by TheWiseChief:

You should still need to fill out the DA71 when you pick up CW2 because you will become Regular Army. Even active duty Warrants who are WO1s are on the Reserve list for accountability purposes. You will fill this out prior to you pinning WO1 at WOCS.

TheWiseChief, When you say that, when W01's pick up CW2 they will become Regular Army. What does that entail? Is it just a status change or does that mean reserve warrants will become active duty? I leave for WOCS in 10 days, but I am a reservist. I was selected for aviation, and already have a unit that is reserves on a AD post. I would actually like becoming active duty after flight school

Sorry to confuse you upandcoming. When I pinned WO1 and looked at my ORB, it stated Army Reserve even though I was active duty. Like I stated, it is just for accountability purposes for AD folk. It does not mean they are in Reserve status. Once an AD warrant pins CW2, it will then change to Regular Army. I will show you a screen shot.

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
Here is the top of my ORB. The component shows RA (regular Army) but when I was a WO1, it was coded as AR for Army Reserve even though I was active duty.

The second caption shows type of origian appointment and shows it as USAR for US Army Reserve.

posted Hide Post
Thank you for clearing that up. Do you know if it is still an act of god to transfer to AD as a warrant officer reservist ?

Posts: 40 | Registered: 10 August 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
Probably. I would not know. I think once you graduate WOCS and head to WOBC, starting talking to your liaison and cadre about transferring. I met an RLO reservist today and he cannot get active. He has been doing ADOS and nearing that 1095 rule.