Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SNOWBIRD STATUS
 Login/Join

posted
For all future aviators. Snowbird status sucks. Especially if you didn't bring your family with you and you are staying in the barracks. Be prepared to be bored out your mind. Lol. Takes all of a day to inprocess Fort Rucker. Guess you have a lot more time to get things done that the Tech Warrants won't have time to do. Good Luck. Lol

Posts: 121 | Registered: 09 October 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
LOL! Thanks for this post man. I was assuming it would indeed sucks but you just confirmed it. I'm PCSing next month with my wife and dogs, already have housing and we're good to go. At least I'll be able to go home every night while in Snowbird status.

Posts: 12 | Registered: 27 January 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
That's until they make everyone move into the barracks. It's a lot of early release days before the techs show. Not too bad. You'll have your family so it won't be bad at all

posted Hide Post
Awesome. Thanks for the info! Can you provide some more details in regards to actually showing up to report and what follows? Any issues you encountered that I can try to avoid?

posted Hide Post
I was prepared for the most part when it came to paperwork and everything in the checklist. Make sure your checklist is signed by your commander. Make sure your 2808 is stamped. It's beneficial showing up early. The first 10 days are chill though. 0530 pt formation, we then have 0830 work call. The first day is inprocessing Rucker for all aviation. You have a few briefings then the rest of the week is relaxed. You have a 1400 formation after lunch then most likely they'll release you for the day. The biggest issue is once the techs show up and the class coming together as one. It's hard for people to let go of being an nco. They don't allow the person in charge to be in charge. I actually class up tomorrow so no more phone for a while. I'll update when possible. You'll probably be here by then

posted Hide Post
I reported in civilian clothes. I showed up on the Friday before all the aviators had to be here. You need your checklist, your 2808, orders bringing you to Rucker and they'll have you fill out some paperwork. Leave all your boot blouses at home. Can't have them here. It's a bunch of crazy little things you can't do. FYI don't volunteer for CCL, CCS, S1, S4, or standardization officer. Those jobs are terrible. They suck. It's not bad yet at all though.

posted Hide Post
That's good info man, thanks! I'm gonna be there in May. I report June 14 for in-processing. Do you have any products your class worked on I can use as a reference? (Additional duty list?) Wondering how deep the school goes as far as that...does each class have a SHARP, Master Fitness, etc?

So you're finished with Snowbird?

posted Hide Post
I'm not sure where the female in our class found the additional duty roster but it was spot on with the exact duties we have. One you gain access to milsuite.mil go to one of the recent classes on there and you should find the additional duty roster. Our class is 14-501. Tonight is our last night of Snowbird status. We actually become a class tomorrow after the 0415 pt test. There's no sharp or MFT duty positions. Good luck and I'll be back on here before you report. I'll actually be on Rucker once you report.

Picture of JOSHFREE
posted Hide Post
you 14-14 feely?

I got nothing.

Posts: 308 | Location: WA | Registered: 15 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
14-019. Thanks Bigrob!