Tools

WOCS grads, HELP!!!
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AutobahnSHO:
quote:
Originally posted by strider128:
Again, you're on point about money, PT, and attitude. The orientation packet says I should expect to spend $300-400. What was your experience (and anyone else's reading this)?

I would say I spent double that. Didn't HAVE to get the class sweatshirt (but I did), and wish I'd bought more class coins (got 4), $80 to modify my class A uniform for Officer, supplies for marking my clothing, $100+ for laundry (just didn't want to try to do it myself), etc... all adds up. !

It sure does! Well, looks like I'll just need to budget that $1K. No problem. After all, it is an investment in my future. "Thousand dollar dot", hahaha. Big Grin

quote:

quote:

... I didn't like it at all how so many people in basic couldn't come together as a team and be mature, respectful, and professional. It seems WOCS should be better in that regard, since candidates selected generally stand out from the rest in terms of work attitude, performance, and competency.

You'd be surprised. Mad I was disappointed at PLDC (now WLC), BNCOC (now ALC), AND WOCS at how immature many "wannabe leaders" act. Oh well, I do my thing, they'll do theirs..

I agree. I do the right thing as much as humanly possible and encourage others to do the same. If it doesn't get through to them - well, at least I've tried. Some people just need to grow up, but they don't even seem to realize that.

Anyway, thank you for your contribution, Chief!

Posts: 64 | Registered: 19 May 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
quote:
Isn't AODC for CW2 and above? I still wouldn't mind taking it. I just don't mean to jump too far ahead, you know? Smiler

Again, thank you for participating.

There have been enlisted who have completed the course and I did not complete my AODC until I made CW2. But when you submit your 4187 for the WOAC; it needs to be completed or you wont get approved (or dont even attempt to submit the request because that is what needs to be mentioned on it). I have been a Warrant for over 4 years and currently deployed to Afghanistan. I am hoping to go to WOAC next year. My 4187 has been submitted and just waiting on the OK.

Bottom line is at this point; there is no rush for you to take it now.

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Snack'ums
posted Hide Post
Congrats to both of you on your selection! I graduated WOCS back in Dec '11. First, if your E-5 and below and you haven't been to WLC then your going to be enrolled into the 7-week course and can't complete the online download. It's only for those who have already completed WLC and get to go to the 5-week course the DL portion bypasses those extra two-weeks.

Posts: 120 | Location: Augusta,Ga | Registered: 28 July 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snack'ums:
Congrats to both of you on your selection! I graduated WOCS back in Dec '11. First, if your E-5 and below and you haven't been to WLC then your going to be enrolled into the 7-week course and can't complete the online download. It's only for those who have already completed WLC and get to go to the 5-week course the DL portion bypasses those extra two-weeks.

That is right. Good catch snackums.

Picture of Snack'ums
posted Hide Post
LOL im going to change my name.

Posts: 120 | Location: Augusta,Ga | Registered: 28 July 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
quote:
LOL im going to change my name.

Only if you change your avatar picture.. Big Grin

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Snack'ums
posted Hide Post
Do you know what it means Auto?

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
Honestly no, but appears to be all USAF or USN-ish. Smiler (Didn't you come from non-Army?.)

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheWiseChief:
There have been enlisted who have completed the course and I did not complete my AODC until I made CW2. But when you submit your 4187 for the WOAC; it needs to be completed or you wont get approved (or dont even attempt to submit the request because that is what needs to be mentioned on it). I have been a Warrant for over 4 years and currently deployed to Afghanistan. I am hoping to go to WOAC next year. My 4187 has been submitted and just waiting on the OK.

Bottom line is at this point; there is no rush for you to take it now.

Roger, Chief. I'll make a mental note. It seems like this should be a rather useful course, so I'll probably take it before WOCS.

On the other hand, is there a specific timeframe to complete MSAF? I know it has to be done prior to reporting to Rucker, but is it too early to do it now? Some people who I would like to include on it might PCS/ETS by the time I get my orders.

Thank you.

posted Hide Post
quote:

That's what I'm talking about!! Smiler Fresh out of WOCS. Based on what other WOs wrote here and on other threads, are there any significant changes in the program, Sir? Are the timehacks still the same?

Thank you for participating.

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
New WOCC is out!!

http://www.armytimes.com/news/...e-selections-052112/

And only 11 255As selected!! Amazing!! Less are being accessed.

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheWiseChief:
New WOCC is out!!

http://www.armytimes.com/news/...e-selections-052112/

And only 11 255As selected!! Amazing!! Less are being accessed.

Only 7x 255N. That's 18 total Signal, last few years it's been 25 selected (total) each board.

Picture of Snack'ums
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by strider128:
quote:

That's what I'm talking about!! Smiler Fresh out of WOCS. Based on what other WOs wrote here and on other threads, are there any significant changes in the program, Sir? Are the timehacks still the same?

Thank you for participating.

Honestly everything is in the WOPSOP so just read that at least a thousand times and you will be ok. Everything is so overly controlled as far as time wise you will always know whats going on. And if your scared of being in front of crowds you might want to work on that cause you might be the CCS(candadite class SGT)or CCL(class leader) and you will be giving briefs in front of people get ready for that also.

Picture of Snack'ums
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AutobahnSHO:
Honestly no, but appears to be all USAF or USN-ish. Smiler (Didn't you come from non-Army?.)

Nope I was a SFC before I switched over and I been in the army 11yrs no USAF or USN for me

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nope I was a SFC before I switched over and I been in the army 11yrs no USAF or USN for me

I give up then.. Frowner