New
Find
Notify
Tools

WOCS grads, HELP!!!
 Login/Join

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
I made the Commandant's list at WOCS so it is on your studying techniques regardless on the format of the tests.

Lack of motivation is a separate issue and that could come from many things.

I remember when I was at PLDC a 11B that failed his second PT test and since it was the sit-up event; he totally had a s**t attitude when he did the run and a uncaring look.

His was sent home with a "lack of motivation" on his 1059 instead of a PT failure. The former being much worse than the latter. It is all about attitude.

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I am not concerned to much about the format of the tests. I think that fill in the blank is the truer test of someone's knowledge. Anyone can guess on a multiple choice question and get a 25% chance to get it right.

I didn't even think about how lack of motivation could be applied. I didn't think that it could be for something as simple not sounding off at PT once, but for something more serious. Something more serious, like never sounding off even after having been told and counseled to do so.

WOC Fry

Posts: 17 | Location: JBAB | Registered: 16 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Snack'ums
posted Hide Post
Basically the chick got sent home because of falling out of runs during PRT. Trust me if your not a strong runner you might want to start now but if you can run then you have no issues. As far as the test failure the guy failed one of the DL portion test and then when you get to WOCS if you fail once after you have already failed the online part you do at home it counts as 2 test failures!

Posts: 120 | Location: Augusta,Ga | Registered: 28 July 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drz01db3rg:
I am not concerned to much about the format of the tests. I think that fill in the blank is the truer test of someone's knowledge. Anyone can guess on a multiple choice question and get a 25% chance to get it right.

Agreed. There are many ways to test the understanding of material - some more accurate, some less. What truly matters at the end of the day is whether or not you know and understand the material.

Posts: 64 | Registered: 19 May 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snack'ums:
Basically the chick got sent home because of falling out of runs during PRT. Trust me if your not a strong runner you might want to start now but if you can run then you have no issues

So there's no more "it's the effort that matters"? Good to know. I remember reading that as long as they see you pushing and not giving up - you're good. I guess not anymore.

By the way, what was the longest run in WOCS?

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
4 miles average. But it was the length of our fun run at the end.

Picture of Snack'ums
posted Hide Post
yep 4 miles the longest because of time constraint but if it wasnt for class they would run you into the ground with a flak vest on!

Posts: 120 | Location: Augusta,Ga | Registered: 28 July 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
4 miles isn't too bad. After having been in the Army for a minute, long-distance runs don't seem as bad as before.

posted Hide Post
UPDATE: I got my RFO and am working on getting my orders. Just attended a Levy Brief this morning, but still have a bunch of questions. Hopefully a Relocation Counselor at ACS could help me out, but I thought I'd double tap here as well. Here are the main two for now:

1. Since my dependents never came to my current duty station (long story), the reassignment office said that they cannot put them on my orders and that I'll have to pay travel and HHG transportation out of pocket and will probably lose (or partially lose) certain benefits. Does anyone have any idea which AR, JFTR, ALARACT or whatever applies here?

//I found the answer to second question. JFTR is your best friend Smiler

Thank you.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: strider128,

posted Hide Post
I was selected for 140E back in March and I'm going to WOCS in October (class 13-001), which is exciting for me. However, I also have heard from one of the guys that just completed school the whole program is starting to change and that they are sending more people home for pt failures, test failures, and lack of motivation, which has me slightly nervous.

Posts: 8 | Registered: 14 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andrew1479:
I was selected for 140E back in March and I'm going to WOCS in October (class 13-001), which is exciting for me. However, I also have heard from one of the guys that just completed school the whole program is starting to change and that they are sending more people home for pt failures, test failures, and lack of motivation, which has me slightly nervous.

Congratulations on being picked up. I understand your concerns about raising the bar in WOCS these days, but hopefully it won't be too bad. All we can do is prepare in advance, stay in touch with each other, and do our best and pull each other through during the school.

Good luck!

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by strider128:
UPDATE: I got my RFO and am working on getting my orders. Just attended a Levy Brief this morning, but still have a bunch of questions. Hopefully a Relocation Counselor at ACS could help me out, but I thought I'd double tap here as well. Here are the main two for now:

1. Since my dependents never came to my current duty station (long story), the reassignment office said that they cannot put them on my orders and that I'll have to pay travel and HHG transportation out of pocket and will probably lose (or partially lose) certain benefits. Does anyone have any idea which AR, JFTR, ALARACT or whatever applies here?

//I found the answer to second question. JFTR is your best friend Smiler

Thank you.

Candidate Wink, where are you located at again?

Picture of JC351LPP4
posted Hide Post
quote:
However, I also have heard from one of the guys that just completed school the whole program is starting to change and that they are sending more people home for pt failures, test failures, and lack of motivation, which has me slightly nervous.

Do not stress over rumors and hearsay. If you go there with the same attitude that has gotten you this far in your career and keep it up. You will be fine.

Posts: 344 | Location: Fort Belvoir, VA | Registered: 01 November 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheWiseChief:
Candidate Wink, where are you located at again?

I am stationed in Hawaii, Sir.

posted Hide Post
Well I was just selected during the July board. My heart was pounding when I opened the message. Had to take a deep breath. My name was the very last name on the Q-S list. I know they are alphabetical but when you are nearing the end and don't see your name yet, you get worried.

I really hope to make it into an October class, because my basic course starts 9 Dec and the next one doesn't start until Aug 2013 over a year away.

Posts: 205 | Location: Schofield Barracks, HI | Registered: 01 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post