ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Officer Business  Hop To Forums  Warrant Officer Discussion    WOCS Uniform Questions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WOCS Uniform Questions
 Login/Join

Picture of Soldier60
posted
I was recently selected and attending WOCS in May. Since they give you the WOC rank to wear during the course, do I need to buy new ACU's with Velcro or replace my sew on rank with Velcro patches to accommodate the WOC rank?

Also do any recent graduates know if they are wearing the black PT's there yet? Don't want to be the only guy standing there in the new PT's.

Posts: 145 | Registered: 09 November 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of DLJewell
posted Hide Post
I just graduated in November...

the only WOC tabs they have are velcro so you will need to replace yours. whether you want to opt to buy all new uniforms or just replace the velcro is up to you though.

there will be 4 WOC tab changes while you are there (all white, snowbird, black WOC and gold WOC) and you wont have time to get them sewn on every time.

My class all had the old PTs, but a class that started when i was graduating had one person wearing the black ones. it was the same in WOBC, ones and twos. you are definitely authorized to wear them but you will stand out a little.

Posts: 21 | Location: Fort Gordon, GA | Registered: 06 August 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Soldier60,

Congrats! I'll see you there in May. I'm guessing you're in class 15-15. I'm bringing the old PTs. I know a few people have the new ones. Our Primary TAC said both are authorized, but like DLJewell said, only a few people will probably be wearing the new PTs.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 13 July 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Soldier60
posted Hide Post
Yup we're in the same class. I was watching some of the class videos on Youtube and saw everyone wearing assault packs and camelbaks but neither are on the packing list. Do you know if we're issued them when we in-processes HHC?

Picture of DLJewell
posted Hide Post
yes, you get them there.

Posts: 21 | Location: Fort Gordon, GA | Registered: 06 August 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Soldier60
posted Hide Post
Is there a way to get a copy of the WOC SOP prior to the course?

The welcome letter says you can start stenciling your clothing IAW the WOC SOP but I can not find it anywhere.

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
I suggest you connect to milsuite for further WOCS info.

https://www.milsuite.mil/book/...y/spaces/apf/usawocc

And there are further WOCS and facebook pages within that page to view.

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of DLJewell
posted Hide Post
you will have more than enough time to do your stenciling there. its better to wait and use the HHC stencil machine to make sure its done right. Don't stress about doing stuff ahead of time.