ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Branch Specific Posts  Hop To Forums  Adjutant General    Letter of Lateness
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Letter of Lateness
 Login/Join

Picture of redleg_64
posted
I have a soldier whose leave situation is all messed up. Due to some errors with signing him in and out of leave while taking R&R from Iraq and being sent to the hospital for recovery and two trips on emergency leave, he was at one point 67 days of leave in the hole. That was -67 days past his ETS balance. After a while any leave he took he had to pay the army for.

I'm trying to get his leave situation squared away, but our S-1 says we need a letter of lateness signed by the commander because the issue is so old. They couldn't help out our training room with how to write one up and the training room has no idea what to do. I'm wondering if anybody here knows how a letter of lateness should be composed. My soldier's morale is understandably pretty low and getting this taken care of would go a long way in getting him back on the right track.

And on the sixth day, God created the Field Artillery...

Posts: 60 | Location: Ft. Stewart, GA | Registered: 11 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
It's just a memo from the Commander saying why the paperwork is so late getting to the S-1. The S-1 should have examples.

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post