New
Find
Notify
Tools

AG LEADS THE WAY
 Login/Join

Picture of Wolve
posted
Well I'm in AG...just thought I'd post here....I'm not all about AG...but...it's not too bad.......yea...... :?

Posts: 432 | Location: Fort Bragg, NC | Registered: 13 September 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Well the only reason that I had not posted anything in this section yet is because at the moment, I am totaly disatisfied with my MOS. It's not for me. Don't get me wrong, there are people out there that love it,. But when I get out, I never want to work in an office again! :?

I will have to admit, a lot of people put the AG down. They fail to realize the importance of haveing people to keep your records straight. They would not get their promotions, awards, evaluations, ect,. They would not be happy campers!

No, it's not to bad of a branch at all! Big Grin

Just, not for me.

Posts: 121 | Location: Ft. Livingroom | Registered: 23 August 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
My goodness! I just realized that I sounded like a disgruntled postal employee! Bhwaahaa!

For those of you out there who may be considering going into the AG branch, make sure that it is the job for you! :wink: Personaly, I like working with my hands, fixing things (and takeing them apart!) and takeing pride in my mechanical skills. I do not get this satisfaction working in personel services. But, for those of you that enjoy working behind the scenes in personel, these MOS's can be a springboard to a great carreer in the civilian world. I recently saw an civilian job opening for a personel data-base administrator that started out at 50 grand a year. So, yes, this can be a great carreer path for the right person. Big Grin

Posts: 121 | Location: Ft. Livingroom | Registered: 23 August 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Wolve
posted Hide Post
lol..yea i'm a disgruntled postal worker....
I was wondering if you were planning on reclassing when you are going back to the Guard..
Well I have to go now...I have to go pick up the mail :lol:

Posts: 432 | Location: Fort Bragg, NC | Registered: 13 September 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
[quote:618daeb777="Miranda"]My goodness! I just realized that I sounded like a disgruntled postal employee! Bhwaahaa!

For those of you out there who may be considering going into the AG branch, make sure that it is the job for you! :wink: Personaly, I like working with my hands, fixing things (and takeing them apart!) and takeing pride in my mechanical skills. I do not get this satisfaction working in personel services. But, for those of you that enjoy working behind the scenes in personel, these MOS's can be a springboard to a great carreer in the civilian world. I recently saw an civilian job opening for a personel data-base administrator that started out at 50 grand a year. So, yes, this can be a great carreer path for the right person. Big Grin[/quote:618daeb777]

I detached myself from the AG core when I graduated from Air Assault school. MEPS tricked me into the job by telling me that I was so colorblind that I couldn't do anything else. What a joke. I took a Special Forces physical and they told me the opposite. I have ended up working in some of the most god awful environments because I am AG. I will not even tell anyone that I am AG because I am ashamed of it. Re-enlistment will hopefully put me into a good job where I can use my skills. Until then, I will have to be ashamed of myself and what I do. :evil: :!:

Posts: 26 | Location: Heidelberg, Germany | Registered: 04 January 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
WOW! It's that bad for you guys...I love the AG Core...AG Leads the way...

Chow...

..::SGT Major::..

Posts: 1 | Location: ..::Naples, Italy::.. | Registered: 14 January 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
[quote:dda7982e8d="SGM"]WOW! It's that bad for you guys...I love the AG Core...AG Leads the way...

Chow...

..::SGT Major::..[/quote:dda7982e8d]

SGM,
I am positive that there are worse career fields than AG. I know this from working around them. My deal is that I like to volunteer for things such as deployments and schools and so far, I can't really do any of that because the unit will not release me. I have an open invitation to deploy with the The Big Red One but, my unit will not release me because they will not lose me. They will not lose me because I am a SPC doing a SGT's job even though we have two SGT's in my office. I have been to Air Assault school and that is it. I would like to experience the Army rather than an office in a garrison environment. I don't know what else to do besides re-enlist for a new MOS. Iraq will probably be over by then though. Do you have any advice?

Posts: 26 | Location: Heidelberg, Germany | Registered: 04 January 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
too bad ag doesnt lead anything. no ones records are ever straight. combat arms is where the pride and the meat of the military is, civilians can do AG's job.

Posts: 6 | Location: KOREA | Registered: 06 January 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Nevermind

Posts: 67 | Location: Ft. Leonard Wood | Registered: 28 August 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
[quote:c0314d68fc]no ones records are ever straight[/quote:c0314d68fc]

Well. I hate to say this, but alot of the problem with the records not being straight does fall back to the civilian side. They run the databases where this stuff gets messed up. If the whole operation was done by Army personel, there would be a lot more people out there who realy cared wether your records were straight or not. If civilians ran the whole thing, the problems would be much worse than they already are.

And to put the record straight, my beef is not with the AG corps. I just got put in the wrong MOS. My clerical score on my ASVAB was my lowest score, at 112. I have a GT score of 120 and a GM score of 120. Like I said, I like working with my hands and not in an office.

Everyone has their place in the Army. The Army is a machine and could not run with only one component. Not everyone is cut out for Combat Arms, just as not everyone is cut out for the AG corps. Big Grin

posted Hide Post
GOOD POINT. I HAVE JUST BEEN STATIONED IN KOREA FOR 18 MOS AND HAVE A BITTER TASTE IN MY MOUTH ABOUT THE MILITARY AND THE WAY POLITICS RUN IT NOW.

Posts: 6 | Location: KOREA | Registered: 06 January 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
[quote:f119d6ca50="LOVEAMY75"]too bad ag doesnt lead anything. no ones records are ever straight. combat arms is where the pride and the meat of the military is, civilians can do AG's job.[/quote:f119d6ca50]

Are you combat arms? What exactly do you do that does lead the way? Enlighten us.

posted Hide Post
For the people here who are in AG, specificlly the 71 series MOS; what is the AIT environment like? I will be going soon and just wanted to know what to expect. Things like barracks life, PT and average daily hours.

Posts: 14 | Location: Orlando | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Look [b:a47bd8454d]HERE[/b:a47bd8454d]. Hope this helps

Posts: 67 | Location: Ft. Leonard Wood | Registered: 28 August 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
[quote:1ac0d3865c="SGT_P"]Look [b:1ac0d3865c]HERE[/b:1ac0d3865c]. Hope this helps[/quote:1ac0d3865c]
SGT P,
That is an interesting response. AIT for 71L (now 42L) is too easy. Just be careful of F5!! Your instructors will tell you what a great thing it is, and it really is easy, but if you stay in the states to do it be prepared to deploy!! I know because our unit, as one of only 3 active duty postal units in the states, deploys more than anyone!

:P [color=blue:1ac0d3865c][/color:1ac0d3865c]

Posts: 17 | Location: Fort Bragg, North Carolina | Registered: 07 March 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post