ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Branch Specific Posts  Hop To Forums  Adjutant General    Can a soldier still be Chaptered for an offense after a Court Mar.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can a soldier still be Chaptered for an offense after a Court Mar.
 Login/Join

Picture of SFC Tanker
posted
I have a soldier who wrote a series of bad checks to the subordinates below him and was subject to a General Court Martial. After the Court Martial the pannel decided to reduce him one grade and thats it. Can I still attempt to chapter him out of the military or is it double jepordy?

Posts: 9 | Registered: 11 November 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SSG Prophet
posted Hide Post
If the issue in question already went to a General Court Martial and the presiding judge made the verdict, then that issue is closed. If a further violation occurs, then chapter paperwork may be initiated, but not before.

I'm assuming the original charge was Article 123a, Making, Drawing or Uttering Check, Draft, or Order without Sufficient Funds?

If further violations continue, by all means, drop the paperwork. Until such actions occur, however, the judge's decision is final on this matter.

Please note that this is only my interpretation of what I have read. I am not an Army Lawyer, I'm just a guy who reads stuff. If you would like further clarification of the law or would like a second opinion, by all means, pursue it further at your local JAG/SJA office.

Posts: 339 | Location: Ft. Meade, MD | Registered: 08 August 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post