ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Branch Specific Posts  Hop To Forums  Armor    19K Reclass
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

19K Reclass
 Login/Join

posted
I'm reclassing to 19K and was wondering if anyone had any information on how that works. I just got my orders and they are assigning me to A Co 1-81 Armor at Ft. Knox. From what I have read online, it looks like that company trains 63A's (Abrams Systems Maintainers) instead of 19K's. i realize 19K is usually OSUT, but i already did BCT and I'm entered into ATRRS for the 19K class not 63A.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 24 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Well I can tell u that most combat arms are osut training but when u get to ft knox u will be what they call an "insert" which means they will put u in a platoon/company that has already finished the basic training portion of there training and are on the "ait" portion where u are suppose to get a little more freedom and its all about learning your job not making your bed like basic training.Well wish u the best of luck.

Posts: 23 | Location: Baghdad, Iraq | Registered: 08 March 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SFC Jive Turkey
posted Hide Post
19K is OSUT and you will be an Insert, but there is no AIT for us. We learn our job all the way through the 16 week course. The POI I'm sure has changed, but as an Insert you will not have to do everything the rest of the trainees are doing. You can always contact someone at Ft. Knox and ask them specifically or contact branch.

Posts: 250 | Location: Fort Rucker | Registered: 21 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Patrick2017
posted Hide Post
okay during my Basic training in 2003, the inserts ended up being put with general population but that was because they screwed up. So if you are squared away and don't piss off the DS you'll be just fine. Just be where your suppose to be and try not to be known. That's usually how it works for a basic trainee. There's always that one that gets picked out of everyone that ends up taking the brunt of everything. Well good luck man.

Posts: 58 | Location: Fort Benning, GA | Registered: 05 August 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post