New
Find
Notify
Tools

BNCOC DL phase 1
 Login/Join

Picture of GIJOESSG
posted
Has anyone taken BNCOC DL, if so how is it?

Posts: 84 | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of RghtThnFrwrd
posted Hide Post
What does the DL stand for?

Posts: 35 | Location: Oahu, HI | Registered: 25 November 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Distance learning. I'm in the middle of the class right now, it's not that bad. Minor problems with the server being down. Other then that, it's not really that hard.

I would do this for free if I could.

Posts: 118 | Location: Fort Eustis, VA  | Registered: 19 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of GIJOESSG
posted Hide Post
armyfuerte, is it at your own pace or how does it work?

Posts: 84 | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
It's pretty much self-paced. They have bench marks they want you to meet, but it is entirely self-paced. I started in mid October, and the class ends Jan 10. There are five modules you have to complete, basic army stuff really.

I would do this for free if I could.

Posts: 118 | Location: Fort Eustis, VA  | Registered: 19 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of GeOtEcH
posted Hide Post
Thats very interesting to hear about the long distance BNCOC DL phase 1 course. I've only seen 10 day courses on ATRRS. If anyone has any concrete information that would be great.
SGT(P) KIMBELL

GREGG.KIMBELL@US.ARMY.MIL

There are NCOs and then there are Paycheck collectors. Which one are you?

Posts: 59 | Location: USARCENT | Registered: 17 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 68X Lumpy
posted Hide Post
Question to that...can you self-enroll in the BNCOC Phase I DL course? I've been told that you can't be enrolled in that course unless you have a class seat for Phase II/III.

-----

Posts: 110 | Location: Miesau, Germany | Registered: 14 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of OUTTA RANKS
posted Hide Post
This is definitely an enigma that I have been trying to solve for the last couple of months or so. My HRC branch Manager was down here on station for the last week and she wasn't even able to answer the question for me, she just told me more of what I was already was tracking.

Anyways, just a bit of history on myself... I am ALC phase II qualified but still not ALC Phase I qualified due to circumstances that I was not able to control. Upon my last deployment Soldiers were offered ALC Phase I training downrange but I was not able to attend that training either due to OPTEMPO... Long story short, I am now my unit schools NCO and the rumor mill is ever growing in regards to ALC Phase I training not existing anymore, or now it's been tacked on to the Phase II portion of ALC, or it does exist on-line somewhere as a Distance Learning product that you must be enrolled in through ATRRS (My BDE Schools NCO doesn't even know). I am getting closer though to finding out the great mystery of ALC Phase I Common Core though, I can feel it in my blood!

So the real question here is, why is this Common Core piece of ALC so difficult to find and register for??? I may not make my Seven because of this! As soon as I find out how to register or whatever it takes to get ALC Phase I complete then I will post a detailed Power Point Slide Show on here so that we are all tracking! The Army cannot afford to impede professional development and growth amongst it's ranks that deserve it, as well as career progression!

Posts: 10 | Location: PLANET EARTH | Registered: 09 November 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of GeOtEcH
posted Hide Post
Thanks great new. I've been told only Branch Manger you up for the course and it has to coincidence with phase II

Posts: 59 | Location: USARCENT | Registered: 17 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 68X Lumpy
posted Hide Post
The United States Army Sergeants Major Academy has a site on AKO for Advanced Leaders Course. It also has a section for VTT (I guess that's the DL part) but since I am not enrolled I cannot access it. Plus I've been told that ALC Phase I DL is completed through ATLAS.

Weird stuff, let me tell you.

-----

Posts: 110 | Location: Miesau, Germany | Registered: 14 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of GeOtEcH
posted Hide Post
Hope this helps everyone
Advanced Leaders Course Common Core (ALC CC) Enrollment Request

Human Resources Command (HRC) will schedule all AC Soldiers to attend ALC-CC. USARC and NGB, in conjuction with the states, will schedule their Soldiers according to their specific requirements. Deployed and otherwise eligible Soldiers who are coded as unavailable for ALC may request enrollment with the approval of the first O-5 in their chain of command. The unit must submit a memo thru chain of command to HRC requesting Soldier's enrollment in ALC-CC. Send to AHRC-EPF-S or email at NCOES@conus.army.mil . The approval of the request will depend on available slots

Picture of OUTTA RANKS
posted Hide Post
Wow, sounds like a ton of fun... Looks like I've got some work ahead of me then. Thank you everybody for your help and support! Smiler

Posts: 10 | Location: PLANET EARTH | Registered: 09 November 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of GeOtEcH
posted Hide Post
Battles

I have another update. If your interested in enrolling in ALC-CC.

You can send an email with your SNL to the email address listed on the message itself or to Mr Baptiste, who is the HRC point of contact for ALC-CC, her number is DSN 221-5362 or email her at wakima.baptiste@conus.army.mil .

Picture of OUTTA RANKS
posted Hide Post
Dumb question... What's "SNL"? Big Grin

Picture of GeOtEcH
posted Hide Post
social security number