Find
Notify
Tools

BNCOC DL phase 1
 Login/Join

Picture of JC351LPP4
posted Hide Post
This is from ALARACT 262-2009:
6. COMPLETION OF COMMON CORE AND TECHNICAL PHASES ARE REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED AS A GRADUATE OF ALC. GRADUATES OF BNCOC-CC WILL NOT BE REQUIRED TO ALSO COMPLETE ALC-CC. IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE SOON TO BE RELEASED AR 350-1, COMMANDERS AND LEADERS WILL: "ENSURE THAT TIME IS AVAILABLE DURING THE DUTY DAY FOR SOLDIERS TO COMPLETE DA-DIRECTED TRAINING AND STRUCTURED SELF-DEVELOPMENT TRAINING."

Your instructor/moderator should have sent a welcome letter to you, your 1st line Supervisor, and your 1SG explicitly stating this.

Posts: 344 | Location: Fort Belvoir, VA | Registered: 01 November 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
The DL course is awful. You AD guys are lucky if you get time built into your day to complete this course. Us Reserve and NG Soldiers have to work our normal jobs and do this class on our own time without pay. I really don't want to hear you guys complaining about your unit, "not caring." Sometimes as an NCO you're going to have to put in extra time. That's that whole thing about responsibility and what not.

As for this DL thing? I think it's a disservice to NCOs who really want to better themselves. I think we lose out by not being in a school house enviroment and I think there's a lot lost in the lack of interaction with other NCOs. The course is very easy to pass and you don't have to put much, if any effort into it at all. I really feel like that breeds laziness and complacency. On the other hand, I'm sure the Army is saving a ton of money by doing this but it's at the expense quality NCO development.

Posts: 4 | Registered: 14 May 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
HAS ANY BODY FINISH ALC PHASE ONE YET IM HAVING TROUBLE WITH MOD 5 CAN ANY BODY PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

Posts: 1 | Registered: 08 June 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of LuckyLu
posted Hide Post
I just finished Module 4 and am about to start Module 5, what problems are you having? Have you e-mailed your course administrators yet?

"America is great because she is good, and if America ever ceases to be good, she will cease to be great." - Eisenhower

Posts: 480 | Location: Around the world.... | Registered: 15 August 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SGT(P) Supply
posted Hide Post
I'm stuck on Module 3 trying to finish it up, harder than what i thought.

SGT(P) Cainion, Anthony
SGT, USA
Supply Sergeant

Posts: 157 | Registered: 18 September 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of GeOtEcH
posted Hide Post
I tried the course 21 APR and completed it today. I think this course helps knock down the numbers of people who are not BNCOC qualified, similar to the situation many face with E5 and E6 who have not completed WLC. With that being said Army needs to go back to the old format and in class and BNCOC DL phase 1 should be for those downrage. Its just my idea.

There are NCOs and then there are Paycheck collectors. Which one are you?

Posts: 56 | Location: USARCENT | Registered: 17 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sgtkimbell:
I tried the course 21 APR and completed it today. I think this course helps knock down the numbers of people who are not BNCOC qualified, similar to the situation many face with E5 and E6 who have not completed WLC. With that being said Army needs to go back to the old format and in class and BNCOC DL phase 1 should be for those downrage. Its just my idea.

I wouldn't think that most Soldiers would have enough time or enough access to the internet to do this down range.

I haven't done the online version though, about how many hours a day do you have to dediate to it to finish it on time?

Posts: 164 | Registered: 29 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
What exactly is the flash to bang time from start to finish?

Posts: 2621 | Registered: 08 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of OUTTA RANKS
posted Hide Post
ALC CC dL is 90 days in length, but you can knock it out a lot faster than that if you make the time to just do it. However it is also a "lock step" process as well, for instance you must wait on your grader/instructors to review certain quizzes/tests/topic replies, etc. The difficult part is getting enrolled... and making sure that HRC doesn't jack up your Certificate of Training!

Posts: 10 | Location: PLANET EARTH | Registered: 09 November 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Is there an enrollment deadline after Phase II is completed?

Posts: 2621 | Registered: 08 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
How does one go about signing up for ALC Common Core online? Does it have to be done through the Training NCO or can I enroll myself? ATRRS shows some Common Core but none of them are the right one. Also, once you enroll do you have to wait a while before you start? Thanks.

Posts: 28 | Location: Ft Carson, CO | Registered: 22 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Shewtor McGavin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 42A Sergeant:
How does one go about signing up for ALC Common Core online? Does it have to be done through the Training NCO or can I enroll myself? ATRRS shows some Common Core but none of them are the right one. Also, once you enroll do you have to wait a while before you start? Thanks.

You can request ALC phase 1 through your S3. Once enrolled, you will be given a class date and instructions.

Sequence #229

Posts: 283 | Registered: 26 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Are you saying that a Soldier can no longer enroll themselves somehow? I saw some comments about emailing someone to enroll.

Posts: 28 | Location: Ft Carson, CO | Registered: 22 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Shewtor McGavin
posted Hide Post
You may be able to email or call your branch manager, but whatever gets the job done. For me, my S3 did the work.

Sequence #229

Posts: 283 | Registered: 26 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I knew that much. Was looking for details on self-enrollment.