ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  NCO Business  Hop To Forums  Basic Noncommissioned Officer Course    dropped from alc and have a few questions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

dropped from alc and have a few questions
 Login/Join

posted
Ok, long story short, I was recently dismissed from ALC under AR 350-1 for personal conduct. To me, it shouldn't have happened, but it is what it is. Now, I'm being told, from my unit via the commandant, that I will either have to be dismissed from the service or barred for reenlistment for 6 months to a year. My unit is having the commandant show in black and white where it says that in an AR. I cannot find it anywhere and was wondering if this was true. Also, if I do get barred from reenlistment and the charges to hold up, the case is still under investigation, would that be considered my punishment, or would I still have to face a possible Field Grade/company grade? This is still all blowing me away, the situation, how it was poorly handled, and how me and several other people got screwed over. I don't want to get into too much detail, but yes alcohol was involved and so were the lovely MPs. Thank you in advance for any help on this topic.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 07 September 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Your answer is in AR 601-280 ( The Army Retention Program ). It is in Chapter 8 Bar to Reenlistment Procedures, under 8-4e.(3).
Here it is:
e. Commanders will initiate bar to reenlistment or separation proceedings (per AR 635-200) against
Soldiers who—
(1) Do not make satisfactory progress in the Army Weight Control Program (see AR 600-9).
(2) Fail two consecutive APFT (see AR 350-41).
(3) Are removed for cause from NCOES courses (see glossary definition).

Posts: 19 | Location: FT Huachuca, AZ | Registered: 27 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
thanks, it didn't even hit me to check that AR. I appreciate the help.

Cause (with regard to NCOES removal)
Elimination for cause includes conduct, disciplinary or academic deficiency, failure, or a combination thereof. Whether
to initiate a Bar to Reenlistment or involuntary separation proceedings is a matter of a commander’s judgment,
exercised on a case-by-case basis. A bar is a probationary or rehabilative measure, intended to put a soldier on notice that he or she does not meet standards, but is being given a chance to correct the deficiency or shortcoming. If the
soldier corrects the problem, the bar is removed. Initiation of separation proceedings means that, in the commander’s
judgment, the soldier will never meet standards and that early separation is in the best interest of the service.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 07 September 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of stoicjustice
posted Hide Post
I have seen people get dropped for some ridiculous reasons.

APFT iPhone App - http://bit.ly/d9dINL
Submit Army Forms from your iPhone - http://bit.ly/dmlau7

Posts: 153 | Registered: 23 August 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoicjustice:

Not really, its too easy to do the right thing and graduate. People who decide not to conduct themselves in a professional manner deserve whatever punishment gets dished out.

Dave

Posts: 258 | Location: Japan | Registered: 04 December 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Go Ordnance
posted Hide Post
NCOs are worse than privates when they go to school! They get away from the unit for a couple months and forget how to be an NCO.

"If you do not stand by me at my worst, you WILL NOT stand by me at my best."

Posts: 719 | Location: Fort Lee | Registered: 18 May 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of stoicjustice
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by realistik:
quote:
Originally posted by stoicjustice:

Not really, its too easy to do the right thing and graduate. People who decide not to conduct themselves in a professional manner deserve whatever punishment gets dished out.

Some NCOs act-a-fool when they leave their units but there are also some pretty ridiculous instructors who have been branch-chosen to teach those NCOES courses that are equally, if not more ridiculous themselves.

APFT iPhone App - http://bit.ly/d9dINL
Submit Army Forms from your iPhone - http://bit.ly/dmlau7

Posts: 153 | Registered: 23 August 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I myself was dropped last week I got administrative. Which was failed to meet core standards can they also separate me from the service?

Posts: 18 | Registered: 11 April 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post