New
Find
Notify
Tools

42A BNCOC
 Login/Join

Picture of TransAm95NCO
posted
OK so I been in 7 years, SGT(P) out in Recruiting right now...and they are sending me to BNCOC soon (according to my chain)...for someone who has been to it, specially recently, how hard is it? Should I expect to be treated just like I was in PLDC (i went to PLDC in 05 at Bliss 4 weeks long)...i know you stay at mcgruder's lodging, but the training, specially the PT test are they still on the whole "chest to ground" or th epush up doesnt count?

Is phase 1 an online training now? I heard something like that but I am not sure...thanks for the info guys...

Lead by Example!!!

Posts: 3914 | Location: Somewhere in the US | Registered: 13 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of LuckyLu
posted Hide Post
Yep, Phase 1 is all online now. For some reason though myself and a few others aren't allowed to take it until April. You might want to get in a request for it unless they've already scheduled you.

"America is great because she is good, and if America ever ceases to be good, she will cease to be great." - Eisenhower

Posts: 480 | Location: Around the world.... | Registered: 15 August 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TransAm95NCO
posted Hide Post
well I am taking online classes right now so I guess online BNCOC shouldnt be that hard...

Lead by Example!!!

Posts: 3914 | Location: Somewhere in the US | Registered: 13 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of LuckyLu
posted Hide Post
I dunno, i've heard the the Battle Staff phase 1 course is all online and it's very tough!

I am also taking the Supervisor Development Course right now and it's kicking my butt. There is a TON of material, and if you don't copy down every slide you could miss a few questions. It has taken me probably over 8+ hours just to get 3/4 of the way done with it.

"America is great because she is good, and if America ever ceases to be good, she will cease to be great." - Eisenhower

Posts: 480 | Location: Around the world.... | Registered: 15 August 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TransAm95NCO
posted Hide Post
well Ill be going TDY in April for another school so hopefully I dont get scheduled for then...anyone else any tips? advice?

Lead by Example!!!

Picture of arose
posted Hide Post
BNCOC phase 1 is not online only. You can take it at a location as well. I am going to Camp Cook, LA in May for 2 weeks for BNCOC Phase 1. I know that the place I am going is not as overly strict about PT.. as long as you are hitting that plane than you are good... chest to the ground is definitely over doing it unless you have a big chest. LOL. Good luck with your endeavors.

Posts: 1 | Location: Florida | Registered: 01 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of LuckyLu
posted Hide Post
Hmm, that's weird, I thought I had seen that they weren't having resident courses anymore...are you AD?

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arose:
chest to the ground is definitely over doing it unless you have a big chest.

LOL
PLDC Grader: "Go lower!"
Me (to self): my chest IS on the ground ?!?!

That's the ONLY time I've ever been disqualified on any APFT event in 10yrs of Army. The second grader counted them, I didn't do them any different, I think I got 50 or so..

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of GeOtEcH
posted Hide Post
I began BNCOC in April along with others in this site and personally I'd perfer to take the course on site for 2 weeks and get it over with than have it drag on for 3 months.

There are NCOs and then there are Paycheck collectors. Which one are you?

Posts: 56 | Location: USARCENT | Registered: 17 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I think there is a bit of confusion with the DL and Phases of ALC (formally known as BNCOC)

There are 3 PARTS to ALC, but only 2 PHASES.

Part one is a DLC-Common Core that is only offered online now. This part does NOT need to be taken before Phases 1 and 2 (Trust me, I did it out of order)

Phase 1 MUST be done before Phase 2. Both phases need to be done in order and at a physical school house (my 42A was at Devens, but there were other places available). You do not have to take them at the same time.

I did Phase 1 for 2 weeks, then 4 months later I did Phase 2, then I did the DL Common Core.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 27 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post