New
Find
Notify
Tools

25B BNCOC
 Login/Join

Picture of Coinage
posted
Hey, all. I'm starting to prep for promotion. Going to BNCOC Phase 1 next week and then going to the board in Dec. Then I'll be awaiting a course date for Phase 2.

Has anyone gone to Phase 2 in Gordon for 25B recently, like within the last few months? I'm thinking along the lines of work load, living environment and quarters and such? I'm expecting a lot of work, especially since the course duration has reduced and I am expected to have certain working knowledge of equipment already. I'm more curious about things like living arrangements. I'm fairly certain I'll have a roommate and shared facilities, but will I have access to things like internet and such? Just little things like that, really.

Any information about those kinds of things would be helpful.

Posts: 130 | Location: DC | Registered: 18 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I was at the 25B Course there in 2005, they ran out billets, So we were housed with the BNOC billets. These Billets are nice you have a one maybe two man rooms with a cleaning lady that comes in and cleans while you are in class. The room is fully furished with internet already. With TV also.

Posts: 3 | Location: IRAQ | Registered: 06 December 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of First2KnowLast2Go
posted Hide Post
25B BNCOC is a "!@#$%^& sham-fest" when it comes to work load. Wanna know how I know? Just asked a Bravo that came from there. YW.

^0^ Out.

Posts: 27 | Registered: 28 November 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Coinage
posted Hide Post
LOL, why thank you.

Anyone else?

Posts: 130 | Location: DC | Registered: 18 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I was reclassing, and stayed next door to where the BNOC guys were. I saw them doing a LOT of yard work....

But really, my squad leader went about 8'ish months ago. She said it was a very condensed course with a lot of Cisco stuff. The barracks those guys stayed in were the same as ours, however I think what 25B_0811_Corps is referring to is the hotel, next door to the BNOC barracks..if so, those places are pretty nice. Furnished, cleaning lady, etc. Not too shabby.

Success consists of going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiasm

Posts: 67 | Location: Hawaii | Registered: 17 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Dreamstalker
posted Hide Post
I am an SGL here at Ft Grdon and we have been going through ALOT of changes lately. As far as living conditions they are 1 man rooms. All of the rooms just got brand new furniture in them all about a month ago. Cable and internet is available in your room if you pay for it. There is a 1 week FTX that is quite involved now. The Bravo,s are in civilian contract training for almost their entire course. I am not sure of the exact course length but they are the longest.

Posts: 330 | Location: Ft Campbell  | Registered: 11 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Anyone know the length for 25B BNCOC phase two? It says almost 4 months on my course reservation, but I was told that it is actually only 90 days. Anything special we need to bring w/ to school, besides the basics, like uniforms?
The FTX, is that tactical / techinical exercise?

Thank you

SSG Yannitell, Melissa
Information System NCO
Landwarnet Team
106th Signal Brigade
Fort Sam Houston, Texas

Posts: 6 | Location: Fort Sam Houston | Registered: 30 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MRSYANNI:
Anyone know the length for 25B BNCOC phase two? It says almost 4 months on my course reservation, but I was told that it is actually only 90 days. Anything special we need to bring w/ to school, besides the basics, like uniforms?
The FTX, is that tactical / techinical exercise?

Thank you

If you haven't seen it, you could start looking here, or contact someone..
http://www.gordon.army.mil/rncoa/
(I don't know if copying the link out of AKO would work..)

EDIT
Look at the FAQ, it talks about course length and packing list.

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Great, thanks so much. There is so much stuff buried in AKO. This has helped tremedously. My class states around 4 months, but in FAQ's, it says it is only 12 weeks. Do they do that, just in case they class schedule needs to shift?

SSG Yannitell, Melissa
Information System NCO
Landwarnet Team
106th Signal Brigade
Fort Sam Houston, Texas

Posts: 6 | Location: Fort Sam Houston | Registered: 30 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of teh_hook
posted Hide Post
I have a quick question,

I got slotted for Drill Sergeant last November, At the time I had a BNCOC date, but my DSS class date interfered with that and BNCOC was canceled. Now, just recently I got another course reservation for the end of September. I report to Ft. Benning 9 August.

So that gives me about a month and a half of being at a BCT unit then off for 4 or so months for BNCOC. Will my BCT unit mostly likely cancel that date and send me at a later time or does anyone have any experience with how this MIGHT play out?

Thanks

Posts: 44 | Location: DC | Registered: 06 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MRSYANNI:
Great, thanks so much. There is so much stuff buried in AKO. This has helped tremedously. My class states around 4 months, but in FAQ's, it says it is only 12 weeks. Do they do that, just in case they class schedule needs to shift?

Actually they've been messing with shortening the classes. Go with what your reservation says, until you get there and they'll tell you different. Wink
(If you have anyone planning on coming to the graduation, tell them the dates are Always Subject to Change. They changed ours 3 days out.)

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by teh_hook:
I have a quick question,

I got slotted for Drill Sergeant last November, At the time I had a BNCOC date, but my DSS class date interfered with that and BNCOC was canceled. Now, just recently I got another course reservation for the end of September. I report to Ft. Benning 9 August.

So that gives me about a month and a half of being at a BCT unit then off for 4 or so months for BNCOC. Will my BCT unit mostly likely cancel that date and send me at a later time or does anyone have any experience with how this MIGHT play out?

Thanks

Usually they will just send you- it's such a hassle dealing with changing courses.
Depends on the new unit though.!

Picture of teh_hook
posted Hide Post
quote:
Usually they will just send you- it's such a hassle dealing with changing courses.
Depends on the new unit though.!

That's what I was thinking too, but that kind of sucks IMO. My 1SG thinks they will send me because NCOES is a "High Priority" and my date has already been changed once, But my rater seems to think I will stay HERE at Fort Belvoir until my BNCOC time is complete then PCS to Benning to start the trail...

Im just curious if any DS went to any NCOES very shortly after graduating DSS?

Posts: 44 | Location: DC | Registered: 06 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote: