ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  NCO Business  Hop To Forums  Basic Noncommissioned Officer Course    What to expect at 42A ALC
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What to expect at 42A ALC
 Login/Join

posted
So I am a 42A AGR Soldier that will be leaving for ALC at Ft. Jackson soon. I always get nervous when its time to go to an NCOES and always do really well. Just wanted to know what to expect and any helpful ideas that someone who has experienced ALC at Ft. Jackson may have. Thanks wish me luck Smiler Im excited yet nervous

Posts: 1 | Registered: 21 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I am scheduled for the 27 March 42A ALC at Jackson. Wondering what to expect as well. Perhaps I will see you there.

Posts: 28 | Location: Ft Carson, CO | Registered: 22 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I am here now. Be prepared to be treated like a Private. My advice is come in with an open (basic trainee) mind and be prepared to put up with a lot of BS and a lot of loooong days!

Posts: 28 | Location: Ft Carson, CO | Registered: 22 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Did they make you take a pt test when you got there?

Posts: 1 | Registered: 18 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TransAm95NCO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fobbit4life:
Did they make you take a pt test when you got there?

I went january of 2011 and yes they make you take a PT test, its diagnostic and does not reflect on your 1059...but it will determine if you qualify for honors...be ready for landscapping details, long days (sometimes we left the school at 2300hrs), i dont know about the being treated like a PVT, its more strict than a regular unit but not like basic, ait or even PLDC ( i didnt go to wlc)

Lead by Example!!!

Posts: 3914 | Location: Somewhere in the US | Registered: 13 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post