ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Branch Specific Posts  Hop To Forums  Aviation    Could antidepressants stop a flight physical
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Could antidepressants stop a flight physical
 Login/Join

posted
Alright so here is the deal, I am currently taking wellbutrin AKA buproprin for things a lot of us are dealing with. Before I go through all of the red tape involved with becoming a Warrant Officer could someone clarify if this is a disqualifying med. and if so how long would I have to be off of it to be elligable for flight status? Any info on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

Posts: 2621 | Registered: 08 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Yes, any antidepressant will down you. Im not positive how long it will down you. Also, depending on why you were prescribed the medication you may have to get cleared by a doc for any depression issue you may have or have had in the past. Its a very touchy subject. I had a soldier prescribed antidepressants and he was given the option of reclassification or medboard. If for any reason you are prescribed these medications while on flight status it's likely you will end up with the same two options as my soldier. Good luck

Posts: 1 | Location: Vilseck Germany | Registered: 09 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post