ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Branch Specific Posts  Hop To Forums  Aviation    15E Duty Stations
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

15E Duty Stations
 Login/Join

Picture of machsoldier
posted
I was just accepted for the voluntary reclass to 15E for the MILPER Message that came out in July.

Just wondering where all I would be able to go?

Posts: 278 | Location: Center of the Universe----Ft. Bragg, NC | Registered: 29 May 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Sgt_Oi
posted Hide Post
You'll be able to go anywhere. Shadow platoons are now required to be in every brigade and there's even group slots. It's a boring job though, same thing day in and day out. You'll never be a 1SG or CSM, as a 15E you wont even be able to hold platoon sergeant slots.

Posts: 4 | Registered: 10 September 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of machsoldier
posted Hide Post
If that is the case then why in the MILPER Message does it state that reclassing to 15E will offer greater promotion potential and upward mobility in CMF 15? I know there are not many PSG slots right now but it is a fairly new MOS. I am guessing they are trying to plus up SSG's to make SFC in the near future. I have been researching this a little bit by looking at all the slots on FMSWEB and it seems to me that they are going to be trying to change this.

15W's can't run the entire UAS community can they?

Posts: 278 | Location: Center of the Universe----Ft. Bragg, NC | Registered: 29 May 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Sgt_Oi
posted Hide Post
Currently only 15W's can hold PSG spots, the Sergeant First Class 15E slots are section sergeant positions. The majority of those slots are currently being held by Staff Sergeants and even some Sergeants though, so I could understand pushing Staff Sergeants into the rank of Sergeant First Class. But maybe things will change now that 15E is a real MOS and it's not just made up of several different MOS's and people DA selected for the position. I just don't see it happening until all the Shadow platoons, ERMP platoons, and Hunter platoons are completely fielded and the ERMP platoons wont be completely stood up for another 2 years. I hate sounding so negative, or coming off that way, but it just seems like 15E gets a low deal right now. 15E's can't even completely sign off on their Soldiers becoming crew chiefs, you can train them but then it's a 15W that says if he's good enough to crew chief.

Picture of machsoldier
posted Hide Post
That does seem like it would be frustrating. Like I said though, UAVs are relatively new. I'm sure change will come in time. As for right now I'm just eager to try something new.

Picture of SGT(P) Supply
posted Hide Post
Are they accepting E5P's?

SGT(P) Cainion, Anthony
SGT, USA
Supply Sergeant

Posts: 157 | Registered: 18 September 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of machsoldier
posted Hide Post
No. Only SSGs with 2 yrs TIG and ALC.

posted Hide Post
Just FYI had to deal with a branch manager talking about this crap a month back and the issue with 15E atm is all of the 15J's that got shoved into the slot. Slots will open up once more 15E's with higher rank enter into the field. Since it's brand new and almost all "real" 15E's are new soldiers fresh from the school house it's a bit odd. I'm a 15W and the 15E sergeant first class we have is a J and he'll run the echo's during deployment.

Posts: 275 | Registered: 17 February 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of machsoldier
posted Hide Post
So you are saying promotion potential is pretty decent then? Is there a lot of electrical troubleshooting for these? I really dont know anything about this MOS besides what I can find online and that isnt very much.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by machsoldier:
So you are saying promotion potential is pretty decent then? Is there a lot of electrical troubleshooting for these? I really dont know anything about this MOS besides what I can find online and that isnt very much.

It depends. Promotion potential is far and away better as a 15W. I think we had above 800% for E-5 and 600% for E-6 or something ridiculous. It's not bad as a 15E but it's nothing amazing at the moment. Depends on how they change everything with the 15J's since they flooded the field.

Most of the electrical stuff has to be done by a contractor honestly but i'm in a brand new unit thats set up differently than most others so it might be different. I can try to answer any questions you have and ask some friends if i can't answer it myself. About the best i can do for you.

Posts: 275 | Registered: 17 February 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Sgt_Oi
posted Hide Post
I was a 15J and was automatically changed to 15E, it's how they're doing all of us.

There's close to no electrical troubleshooting, you only have one wire harness that even runs through the shadow. As long as you have a basic understanding of what each box inside the bird does then any problem is a quick fix. Even when you do have a problem that will stump you there are Field Service Reps. who work for AAI (the company that designed the shadow) that are a part of your platoon and will help expedite the finding of a solution. Some problems you'll have to go to them on because as a 15E you won't even have wiring diagrams, AAI keeps them secret and only the FSR's can use them.

Oh and if it helps you understand how easy this is...I've never used a multimeter for the shadow.

posted Hide Post
Everything depends on what platform you are placed on. Shadow is almost everywhere CONUS and OCONUS. The other platforms are limited to two or three duty stations. You will most likely work on the shadow.

As far as promotions are concerned, that is getting better. Slots were just opened last year for 15E30 and 40 level. But you can be placed as a Platoon Sergeant, it just depends on your units MTOE. Those are also changing constantly as the Army feels out the need for these positions.

Ft. Rucker just started the 15E ALC, and a SLC is supposedly in to works. Good luck in you new job.

Posts: 6 | Location: HAAF | Registered: 30 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of machsoldier
posted Hide Post
I have been mingling around and have noticed that the only units that 15E's are in seem to be are Division Special Troops Battalions (DSTB), MI Battalions and Special Forces Groups.

How true of a statement is that?

posted Hide Post
Thats usually the case unless you end up at a schoolhouse or working on development somewhere.

Posts: 6 | Location: HAAF | Registered: 30 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I just printed off my 15E career tracker and it clearly states platoon SGT under 40 lvl slots.
how ever if you would like to go past E-7 you become a feeder mos and convert to 15z as a master SGT but not 1sg yet

Posts: 23 | Registered: 20 November 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post