ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Branch Specific Posts  Hop To Forums  Aviation    Unmanned Aerial Vehicle
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Unmanned Aerial Vehicle
 Login/Join

posted
I know that UAV operater at one point fell under Military Intelligence, but does it now align under the Aviation branch? Also, does a person need a Top Secret or Secret clearance security clearance for this position?

Posts: 2621 | Registered: 08 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of misfit88
posted Hide Post
yes, uav operators (15W) fall under the aviation branch as of FY 2008. as for a security clearance, all operators are required to uphold at least a secret clearance for this MOS. if you have any additional questions about this MOS feel free to contact me anytime.

"lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!"

-General George S. Patton Jr.

Posts: 10 | Location: vilseck, germany | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I hear you guys get screwed with tons of field time. Is that true? I am sure it depends on the unit also. Which units have more field time and which have less?

Posts: 2621 | Registered: 08 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of misfit88
posted Hide Post
i wish i could tell you, but everyone operates differently. but yeah, when we train we train hard.

"lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!"

-General George S. Patton Jr.

Posts: 10 | Location: vilseck, germany | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Infinite741
posted Hide Post
I am going to re-class into 15W, overall would you say it's a good job? I don't want to be in the field every day I do have a family. Also how is the training enviroment at Fort Huachuca?
How long is the training and do you get to choose your duty assignment or is it needs of the army. Typically what kind of unit would you be assinged to? MI? Is there any units on the east coast? I know alot of questions but thanks.

Posts: 9 | Location: Fort Knox, KY 40121 | Registered: 04 December 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
It recently changed a lot with the maintainer side of UAV. I started out as a 52D with an identifier to work on Shadow 200 when it was all MI.

Then I reclassed to 15J when it switched to Aviation.

And now I will be grandfathered into being a 15E.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 14 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post