ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Branch Specific Posts  Hop To Forums  Aviation    Flight Physical Requirements for WO's
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Flight Physical Requirements for WO's
 Login/Join

posted
I'm trying to go Warrent after this deployment. My only question is for the medical evaulation, what can and cannot be waived. I have a few issues

GT score is 109 (non waiverable)
I need to get that one point increase.

Eyesight is horrible, but LASIK is a life saver. I do have 20/20 with glasses and contacts.

Is dental waiverable? And can you have braces while your on an active flight status? I have heard different ansewers from different people.

Thanks in advance
Jin

Posts: 38 | Registered: 03 May 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SGT Strain
posted Hide Post
You cannot fly if you've had LASIK. Period. If you get PRK, you can get a wavier.

Posts: 25 | Location: 1st Air Cav Bde, Fort Hood | Registered: 16 May 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Mr. King
posted Hide Post
quote:
You cannot fly if you've had LASIK. Period
quote:

That is not true. The 4A flight physical allows LASIK surgery.

Posts: 44 | Location: Ft. Bliss | Registered: 18 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
What about the dental waivers?

Picture of ah64pilot
posted Hide Post
Hopefully this thread isn't dead. NextJin, Lasik IS waiverable, you have to wait 6 months (I believe) after the procedure to have your eyes checked. What kind of dental waiver are you trying to get (what for).

Posts: 3 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Sent ya a PM Chief

posted Hide Post
do you need a waiver for the PRK surgery? or is it the same thing with the 6 month wait?

E-3 USMC

Posts: 5 | Registered: 21 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post