ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Branch Specific Posts  Hop To Forums  Aviation    Apache maintenance
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Apache maintenance
 Login/Join

Picture of firewalker165
posted Hide Post
I am almost done putting my WOFT packet together. It does not really matter what airframe you choose. Once you get to your first unit, stick to the pilots, the Warrants especially. The Warrants always look for good people to join the flock and they will mentor you towards that goal as long as that is what you want!!

Posts: 16 | Location: Ole' Mother Rucker! | Registered: 13 November 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Hey everyone i am locked in to go to school to be a 15r in the end of may, i have been an 11b for over 3 years now and i am just lookin for some advice and what to expect.

Posts: 1 | Location: FT. Carson | Registered: 10 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 11b215r:
Hey everyone i am locked in to go to school to be a 15r in the end of may, i have been an 11b for over 3 years now and i am just lookin for some advice and what to expect.

I'm a 15R myself and I actually work with a few prior 11b's. What you should expect isn't going to be anywhere near what you already experience. Alot of the guys that we're 11b's drop into a "culture shock" so to speak. Although discipline is a big part of the Army as a whole, it's a little more relaxed in Aviation than Infantry. But what you should expect as a 15R is a lot of long days, a lot of work for little or no kind of reconition. Alot of redundancy is typical depending on if you end up in a line company or a maint. platoon. Maint. platoons tend to take care of the major maint. on the BTLN. Aircraft where as a soldier in a line company (Crew Chief), tends to work on the companys aircraft and also has their own aircraft that they are responsible for.

The work load can get pretty outragous somedays. We have schedualed inspections that can be due by either flight hours or days that the line companys are responsible for. Depending on how they fall you can either work an easy day and be gone early or have a hecktic day and be there from 0600 to 2000 at night. It's pretty up in the air and depends on how your PLT SGT scheduals the aircraft. we tend to run 24 hour ops in Garrison as well as combat because the pilots need to be rated during both day and night. Plan on a lot of time doing feild problems in between deployments.. JRTC, NTC, HATTS, etc. stuff that's going to get the pilots and you ready for Afghanistan.

Any other questions just shoot them my way!

Posts: 3 | Registered: 29 October 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post